I need someone to go through this with.

Options
Hi I'm Jasmine and i am 18 years old, i have a big stomach and that is ultimately why i am on here, i only really eat junk food, i hate salad and i am a very fussy eater. I am 196 pounds which is 14 stone and i would really like to have someone who i can go through this with someone who will encourage me to exercise and stop binge eating on biscuits and chocolate. I aren't going to lie i do not think i will give up my junk food completely but i believe that if i stop binge eating between meals and exercise a little bit i will lose a lot of weight. I hope that someone replies to this wanting the same thing. If they are in Hull then even better. Request me as a friend if you are interested please :)

Replies

• BryATC
    BryATC Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I haven't really changed my eating habits all that much either. I did completely give up fast food, but what has helped me more is portion control. MFP has been great to help me monitor my calories. I still eat chocolate and will continue to eat chocolate just not as much as I used too. Good luck!!
  • Rpeat1
    Rpeat1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I think one of the best things you can do right now is just start logging everything and as often as possible - ideally whenever you eat something.. Even if you have a day where you miss target. Just by logging you'll find yourself cutting out the mindless eating and bingeing on stuff between meals.
  • Zacei
    Zacei Posts: 14
    Options
    Hey, I'm 18 too and started only one stone higher than you are now. I'm a really fussy eater as well and there is a way to eat junk food and lose weight at the same time by controlling the portion sizes but you really have to keep an eye on the saturated fat content, etc, and also you feel so much more hungry, because you can't eat as much for the calories. And you also plateau a lot. Despite my fussiness, I just forced myself to eat healthier choices and I actually like a lot of healthy foods now. Feel free to add me!
  • Shirlls123
    Shirlls123 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site, I've sent you a friend request.

Monitoring the calories on here is really encouraging as it stops you going over your limit and it still allows you treats so isn't too restrictive.

Someone on here said in one of their posts an excellent quote "it isn't the start that matters, it is the finish" which I find very motivating.
  • TamalanB
    TamalanB Posts: 5
    Options
    I find just tracking everything I eat and drink to be a big help. It's nice to find out what foods have what calories, fat and sodium, to either take them out or not eat as much. Then you can eat more of the better stuff. I've never done a diet before and I seriously need it. I had a glass of 7-up today...the first I had since starting a week ago, and it put my sugar through the roof. No thank you. I won't be doing that again.