30-Day Shred Weights?

Options
tn2010
tn2010 Posts: 228 Member
Anyone have any recommendations for hand weight size for JM's Shred? 3 lbs? 5lbs? More?

Replies

• raelbee
    raelbee Posts: 219
    Options
    I have both 3lbs and 5lbs and switch between them. I usually start each level off with the lighter weights for the first few days, and then work up to the heavier weights.
  • LoriLou67
    LoriLou67 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I have 5s and 8s.....I think 5s would be a good place to start. If that is too heavy at first, try a couple of water bottles, cans of soup, etc.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    I use 3 pound ones
  • SoliQ
    SoliQ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I use 5 lbs
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Well, don't I feel wimpy now. I use 2 pound weights, lol. Start with whatever your comfortable with. I think I would kill myself if I did the shred with 5 or 8 pound weights. You can always work your way up to heavier weights throughout the ten days of each level. Or you can do the 30 days with light weights, and then another 30 days with heavier ones. It's all up to you. You still get a pretty good workout even without the weights.
  • sunshineshardz
    Options
    I started with 3 and then now use 5. Some of the moves feel really easy with 5 and others I could probably use 10's (the bicep curls for instance)...and using a variety will keep your body guessing :)
  • junebug523
    junebug523 Posts: 196
    Options
    I started with 3 pounds, then started adding 5's in on some of the moves. I still have to use my 3-pounders for most of the shoulder-intensive moves, but for the upper back and bicep moves, the 5's are perfect...definitely feel the burn where I didn't at first!
  • jheller
    jheller Posts: 194
    Options
    I've been using 5's but for some of the moves they are getting too light - thinking of getting another heavier set but not sure - some of the moves are still really challenging with them.
  • lwearn
    lwearn Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have 3 & 5 lb weights.