fat vs skin?

Options
how do you know if its excess skin or just fat?

i started at 282lb and im currently 198lb my thighs have gone really wobbly especially on the inside i was just wondering if this is just the fat breaking down or skin ? and if anyone in similar positions has had the same problem and what did they do

Replies

• Pamko57
    Pamko57 Posts: 182
    Options
    Posting because I'm interested in responses and want to be able to find the thread.
  • JazzyTimmy
    Options
    Sorry I can't tell you - I really don't know. I'd love to find out.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    It might be loose skin, it might be squishy fat: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html Could be a combination of the two.
  • lilmissymoo90
    lilmissymoo90 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    thanks guys hoping its fat breaking down i know i will have skin as i was really heavy
  • reverend10
    Options
    As you think it is fat breaking down which leaves loose skin.
    If you maintain a healthy weight you can have this skin removed sometimes.
  • lilmissymoo90
    Options
    im hoping to get the skin removed atm its not soo bad i just wasnt sure as it looks like fat except its looser and lumpier than before and only on my tummy and thighs
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    The skin tightening lags behind the fat loss. Even if it doesn't tighten up 100%, it will definitely tighten up at least partway. Just give it time, cocoa butter, and strength training. :smile:
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Get some cocoa butter lotion and apply it twice a day. There is not much else you can do apart from exercise. The thing to remember is that excess skin won't kill you or shorten your life span but extra fat will and does.
  • lilmissymoo90
    Options
    im not scared of having loose skin I'm just wondering if it will change for example if its fat its going to change and hopefully get rid of this lumpy mess skin i can deal with x
  • HoneyPie99
    Options
    You are very young so if it is loose skin It should tighten up but will take some time.
  • gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar boat with my tummy and in the last ten or so pounds, what I thought was just excess skin, has lifted and smoothed on my tummy so what I thought was a mess is coming together much better with each month of Hula hooping I do and every few pounds.
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    If you can pinch more than a quarter to half of an inch on a skin fold, there is still fat there.
  • lilmissymoo90
    Options
    If you can pinch more than a quarter to half of an inch on a skin fold, there is still fat there.

thanks going by this then its just fat and im noticing it more because ive lost weight and its gone wobbly
  • nicolemk21
    Options
    that is so awesome. Congrats on the hard work and weight loss!! I started at 252 pounds and made it down to 165. I have been somewhere between 165 and 180 for the past year maintaining. I'm really going for 140 pounds by the end of June. You are young (like me) and it should tone up as long as you are working out. I am kinda worried about my stomach for the same reason you are worried about your skin...as of right now it looks like lose skin, hopefully once I get my body fat percentage down it just takes turns to muscle. Best of luck to you and once again CONGRATS on the amazing weight loss!
  • lilmissymoo90
    Options
    thank you i have been working out on and off but havent from i moved to africa about to start the 30 day shred and some yoga ect ive also got a physio atm because of back problems going to start again slowly and work my way up =D thank you for your message and you have done amazing really gives me hope =D
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Weight lifting helps.. also cocoa butter lotion + pure almond oil together helps when you rub it everyday.