stupid question

Options
Hi all.
This is probably going to sound really really stupid but im going to ask anyway LOL
Are calories in food and drink the same? Like processed the same way and everything and equally as important or is there a difference?
Dont judge ....hahahah

Replies

• tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    They are the same. Alcohol calories have little if any nutritional value.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,943 Member
    Options
    yes, calories count the same way whether you eat them or drink them.......i like to get my calories from things that are more substantial so i usually choose food over beverages.......and, of course, some beverages like beer and kool-aid don't have any nutrition but they have a lot of calories :bigsmile:
  • KeRAWRi
    KeRAWRi Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Calories are calories. They still count the same.
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Calories are calories. The only real difference is calories in healthy food benefits you in ways that calories from processed foods do not. Either way they all add up the same when it comes to calorie intake.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I avoid drinking my calories as much as I can. Count them. You will be surprised at how they add up. The only stupid question is the one you don't ask. Plus, any thing other that "Kick, bite, lick or marry", or "My cat is doing jumping jacks" or "Bang. date, shake hands, or wave" is always welcome. I am sick of those being the only ones that show up in recent posts.
  • kaaaayla
    kaaaayla Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    This is totally irrelevant, but cute poodles. I have a 6lb tiny toy named Murphy, and I love him!
  • kaaaayla
    kaaaayla Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    ^I was talking to the poodle picture person, oops
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Same, but nevertheless, I wont give up my bedtime Horlicks/Ovaltine.
  • charliemarie923
    charliemarie923 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I avoid drinking my calories as much as I can. Count them. You will be surprised at how they add up. The only stupid question is the one you don't ask. Plus, any thing other that "Kick, bite, lick or marry", or "My cat is doing jumping jacks" or "Bang. date, shake hands, or wave" is always welcome. I am sick of those being the only ones that show up in recent posts.

Yes ive noticed...they do my head in tbh. And i dont know if any of you have seen my post 'roll over?' but i had a single vodka and cranberry juice today and it was 210 cals i nearly passed out! And because it was a drink i totally forgot to allow for it, which took me over my daily calorie allowance. The vodka itself is only around 70 cals ...which i find astonishing that the cranberry juice was so much, eventhough i understand its healthy cals or however you want to put it. Still a bummer though and totally not worth it!! A dairy milk caramel bunny only has 100 cals -rather have had 2 of those
  • SarahDavs
    SarahDavs Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    When I was drinking more then I do now I would order shots and have a diet soda back instead of having mixed drinks to try and save calories.