Wedding weight worries!!

Options
Hi all, Im new to myfitnesspal but am finding it so useful! I am trying to lose a little and then maintain it for my wedding next year :-S if anybody else is in similar situations I would be happy to discuss.
I know some great recipes to, chocolate cake :) which is actually tasty and good for you (obv in moderation lol)!! shocking but true!
Steph :)

Replies

• griffswoman
    griffswoman Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I need to lose a lot before my wedding next year, am sure i can support you. Been dieting nearlty 2 weeks now and on track to lose another 3lbs this week to add to my previous 3lbs lose. Positive thinking and will power will get us there i am sure
  • stephogden
    stephogden Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sorry couldn't help noticing your name, are you going to be a Mrs Griffiths too??? That's really coincidental if you are lol
    I totally agree a lot of being able to stick to dieting is mentally challenging, if the mind is willing then your body is able :)
    Losing 3lb a week is fantastic - keep it up, you can do it!!
  • griffswoman
    griffswoman Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    no griffin was the CB radio name my future hubby used when we met. I will be Mrs Stone.
  • stephogden
    Options
    How long have you got before your big day??
  • NicolaGoodyear
    Options
    Hiya im getting married next year.not untill september but i have some more weight to loose by then hopefully i will be at the goal weight in the next few months then comes the dreded task of maintaining..which i have heard is just as tough as the loosing part!..i failed to maintain a few years back and put it all back on and a little bit more this time i know will be different when are you getting married and congrats xxx
  • stephogden
    Options
    Congrats to you too!! I get married July next year :) but stupidly already have my dress which was so tight when I bought it that I have to diet lol
    Maintaining is going to be a pain, I have good weeks and bad ones but if we stick to using MFP we should be able to do it :)
    This site is so useful, if you add up what your going to have for the full day in a morning you then know if your over or under your calories, if your over you can exercise and get them down or tweak a meal and if your under you can either bank it or treat yourself!!
    Great for getting organised!!
    Good luck and I hope your wedding goes well :)
  • NicolaGoodyear
    Options
    Thankyou hun...ive been looking at dresses already too..i want to get mine now and work to get in it lol xx
  • sherrie8929
    sherrie8929 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm not getting married anytime soon (that I know of!) but I am starting nursing school September 1st while working full time, so my plan is to lose the last 10 lbs to reach my goal weight, and maintain that while in school (for the next 2-3 years! eeek). So I feel like I am kind of in the same boat as you all. When I am in school and working, I have very little time to put effort into my meals. I find myself eating on the go a lot, which sometimes means fast food and I figure if I'm eating Wendy's, I might as well eat the worst thing on the menu right? Wrong. I should just not eat it at all!

What I hope to be able to do is use my weekends to prepare meals for the week and eat really well while at work during the day, so that if I do have to eat on the go a few nights a week, I have the calorie/fat/carb allowance to do so.

In the last 2 weeks since I started MFP, I have lost 5 lbs and I attribute it to making healthier choices all around, but mostly my lunches. I buy Mission tortilla wraps (love the Spinach/Herb and Sundried Tomato/Basil ones) and fill them with chicken, low fat cheese, lettuce, cucumbers, a little ranch, etc. and have carrots and celery on the side. I eat a variation of this almost every day during the work week and 5 lbs later, I still love them!

I can't wait to see what everyone else posts and will be following this thread. Good luck to you all and congrats on your impending nuptials!
  • ephes614
    ephes614 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am also new to my fitness pal and my soon to be husband and i joined together. My goal is to shed 55 pounds by march of next year. I would like to get to my old weight before my life got crazy and need some gals to keep me going as dave and i eat the same thing and he has lost over 10 pounds and we do the same exerices ugh.....

We are doing the low calorie things which i have no problem with, so far i dont feel like i am dieting. We eat great food which is also prepared on the weekends for the week. The big difference for me is the snacks are low cal and my portions are a little smaller.

Congrats on to those of you who are also getting married and good luck.

Cant wait to read everyones success stories

Tara:smile:
  • Pattitude
    Pattitude Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Getting married next May. :) I'm trying to lose weight BEFORE I go wedding dress shopping so that I won't cry when I have to get a dress in a bigger size than I'd want. Thus far I've lost almost 11 pounds in about a month of doing MFP (and that's with TWO family vacations in that month, one being a cruise... now THAT was hard!). I'm hoping to lose at least 20 before starting shopping for a dress, and 30-40 before the big day.

Sherrie8929- I just finished nursing school, and I wish I'd had your motivation to stay healthy before starting! Not going to lie- I gained about 20 pounds during nursing school. There really is NO time during the week to even think about being healthy, especially if you're going to work as well. Your idea of making healthy meals on the weekend to eat during the week is excellent.
  • sherrie8929
    Options
    Pattitude - It's a great idea in theory, but will I stick to it? That's the question! I am just sick of being so blah and icky, I want to be back to my normal, kinda hot self. I also want to look cute in scrubs of course! Fortunately, at my current job I have a lot of downtime. This helps with school work, but also meal tracking and planning. What I will ATTEMPT to do is plan my meals a day in advance. So on Monday, I will log in Tuesday's meals, because I will have a good idea of what amount of time I will have to eat, what my schedule will be like, what food I have prepared, etc. Sounds like a good idea now, I just hope I can stick to it!

Congrats on graduating nursing school by the way!
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Well I'm not getting married, but my daughter is. She is getting married in October and I would love to look nice at her wedding. I haven't bought a dress yet either; I think I'm going to wait until about a month before the wedding and then buy one. Hopefully I will be much lighter by then!

Good luck to all the future brides and congratulations! : )
  • stephogden
    Options
    Wether you are getting married, know someone who is or just needing to sort your weight out remember anything is possible when you put your mind to it! Sometimes our focus is so strong, nothing will stop us achieving what we desire.
    Sometimes we need to concentrate on surviving a week, a day or even an hour at a time. I promise you that whichever of those places you are in, believing in the ability to succeed will get you there. Be the change in your life and become the person you deserve to be. :) Keep up the good work girls :)
  • scotty_81
    scotty_81 Posts: 59
    Options
    I am getting married in September and decided to get fit and lose some weight for my big day. I decided to start running in February and started on mfp in March. It was more successful than I thought it would be and I have now lost 12lbs (having already lost about 8lbs last year and maintained that loss) and am in the maintenance phase. I am finding this more difficult than losing and I'm worried that the dress I ordered back in February won't fit any more!!

I have found the wedding the BIGGEST MOTIVATOR! I would have never believed that it was possible for me to be motivated to go running and stick to my calories for the day.

Good luck to your all on your weight loss journeys and with your weddings.
  • Pattitude
    Options

I have found the wedding the BIGGEST MOTIVATOR! I would have never believed that it was possible for me to be motivated to go running and stick to my calories for the day.

I completely agree! Everytime I want to get off the elliptical or I want to eat a huge slice of pizza instead of a salad, I just repeat the same mantra over and over in my head: "Wedding dress... wedding dress... wedding dress..."
  • sherrie8929
    Options
    I completely agree! Everytime I want to get off the elliptical or I want to eat a huge slice of pizza instead of a salad, I just repeat the same mantra over and over in my head: "Wedding dress... wedding dress... wedding dress..."

Mmmm pizza...
  • stephogden
    Options
    do u reckon if you have cals left over every day then use more on a weekend than u should it will balance itself out? Iv had 2 bad weekends now but rly good weeks and iv lost! I think I might be onto something :P
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    My brother is marrying a good friend of mine in September and i'm in the wedding party... guess i could use that as a motivator. i get to wear ORANGE (gag) and i definitely do not want to more closely resemble a fruit than a person.
  • KenzieKidwell
    KenzieKidwell Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am getting married April 23rd of next year. I made myself a deal with myself that if I weigh 175 in January then I will buy my dream wedding dress but I do not get there then I will be in a linen dress. (It is a beach wedding so the linen would be fine but I want that big beautiful dress.)
  • Pattitude
    Options
    do u reckon if you have cals left over every day then use more on a weekend than u should it will balance itself out? Iv had 2 bad weekends now but rly good weeks and iv lost! I think I might be onto something :P

It's been working for me too... I think that maybe the bad weekends perk my metabolism up a little, since I might not be eating enough during the week.