Healthy Breakfast cereals?

Options
Can anyone recommend a yummy yet healthy breakfast cereal?

I switched to Special K with Almond Milk. Very low fat, but still has the preservatives, BHA specifically. I would like to cut out as many 'non-real' ingredients as possible.

Replies

• selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    oats with fruit and nuts?
  • Hlick
    Hlick Posts: 13
    Options
    I will definitely be making my own oatmeal, but there is something about cold crunchy cereal I just love.
  • klhessling
    klhessling Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Organic puffed kamut. I put it in my homemade unsweetened yogurt with berries
  • jadexyz
    jadexyz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Kashi Golean Crunch with some Silhouette 0% Stirred Greek Yogurt- yum!!
  • GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    ^^ This!!
    The Kashi Go Lean Crunch is soooo good.
  • VanellopeeVonSchweetz
    Options
    I love all the Kashi Cereals!
    Lately I have been eating Total though. Addicted to it...you can add nuts and berries and its even better. Or even a bit of honey.
  • GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I like the Kashi Go Lean Crunch as a snack too (dry with no milk).
    Its got such a nice satisfying crunch....yummmm!
  • judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I eat steel cut oats without cooking them. It is like having nuts with milk on them and you could certainly ad berries and such although I like mine with a bit of brown sugar.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Kashi has GMOs. So probably not much healthier than special k. I like both though.

I mostly use nature path's organic. Plus it has more fiber and less sugar.
  • mcilwainb1
    Options
    Personally, I love the fiber one 80 calorie cereal. They have a chocolate flavor and honey squares. Both are delicious. I also recommend it with vanilla soymilk. Hope that helps :)
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I love Sally's cereals whole grain oatmeal with flax and slow cooker steel cut oats
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    I :heart: Kellogg's Special K with protein.
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    i eat soooo many frosted mini wheats like a 2 boxes every 3 days haha but it has alot of sugar

id say some special k with skim milk and a banana for breakfast
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    My favorite cereal is eggs and uncured bacon. But when I ate cereals, I liked oatmeal or chia seed puddings with coconut milk and agave nectar.
  • girlykate143
    girlykate143 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    My favorite cereal is eggs and uncured bacon. But when I ate cereals, I liked oatmeal or chia seed puddings with coconut milk and agave nectar.
    this. minus the oatmeal.
    Someone introduced me to steel cut oats mixed into greek yogurt. Add some blueberries and it's got all the texture and goodness. Yum!
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Agree with the Sally's! Otherwise...oats with eitehr fruit or a dash of brown sugar!
  • kpaulako
    kpaulako Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yes to Kashi Go Lean Crunch. But then I also like the regular Kashi Go Lean too. Much less sugar and more protein.
  • Mock_Turtle
    Mock_Turtle Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    fiber 1 is where it's at.
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Shredded wheat with a tablespoon of raisins or unsweetened carob chips.
  • chrismpalmer
    Options
    I'm all about the Special-K. I have the red berries, vanilla almond, oats & honey, and Fruit & Yogurt varieties in my pantry. I like to mix it up.

That said, if you're aiming to avoid preservatives, Sally's is a good option. For me though, the extra price is definitely not worth avoiding GMOs or preservatives.