Sexy weight = plateau?

Options
Hi all

Just wondering if anyone else is finding the same problem as me...

Bizarrely, my 'sexy weight' and by that I mean the weight where the confidence really shows also happens to be a plateau for me. Does anyone else have this problem?

The problem for me is that whilst I feel sexy at this weight, I'm still not entirely happy with my body - wondering if it's self sabotage or something in my genetic make up.

Be interested to hear from others on this :happy:

Replies

• hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. It's hard when you're so close, but not quite there yet. After talking to a friend who is a personal trainer, I had to make a decision about how strict I want to be to lose and have a 6-pack stomach, etc.
  • SamiRose
    SamiRose Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem....I too am a trainer and have 5 years experience with this. Dieting, like exercise needs to have adjustments made alone the way. For me personally, I know when I hit that "plateau" point/weight, I need to adjust my exercise cardiovascular intensity and decrease my carb intake accordingly. In a way, I feel like that "pleateu" weight is my area where I start from scratch again (for lack of better wording, that sounds sooo intimidating). Basically, a pleateu is nothing more then a new beginning of a NEW cycle. You have to give your body a bit of a challenge. It's completely normal for this, you just have to be willing to adjust to it, but it's occurring b/c it is no longer is adjusting to you.
  • DivaMuscle
    DivaMuscle Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. It's hard when you're so close, but not quite there yet. After talking to a friend who is a personal trainer, I had to make a decision about how strict I want to be to lose and have a 6-pack stomach, etc.

Shame - does that mean you've been told you're never going to get a 6 pack?
  • DivaMuscle
    DivaMuscle Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    @SamiRose Good point re the plateau being a new beginning - I know last time I was at that weight I wasnt doing much exercise so I'm hoping that this time round I'll blast through it as I'm dancing a lot more now. Doesnt stop me worrying though as I've set myself an aggressive target this year!:smile: