Do I NEED Shakeology with Insanity?

Options
Im getting ready to order The Insanity Work this week and I have been talking with a Beachbody Coach, who have been persuading me to purchase the complete pack, which includes Insanity and a 30-day supply of Shakeology (that has a recurring fee of 30$ a month). I was wondering if anyone doing the Insanity had good results without Shakeology?

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    You don't need any shakes you only need to eat at a deficit to drop weight. See here.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/943139-weight-loss-cheat-sheet-ipoarm
  • swagtier
    swagtier Posts: 53
    Options
    Yep, just need a deficit. He's just trying to upsell you on something you don't need.
  • GoTeamMeaghan
    GoTeamMeaghan Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    You don't need the shakes. Just follow the nutrition plan and the workout calendar & you'll be happy with the results. FYI...most of the results come in the 2nd month.
  • Luckyshan89
    Luckyshan89 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You don't need the shakes. Just follow the nutrition plan and the workout calendar & you'll be happy with the results. FYI...most of the results come in the 2nd month.

I have read that as well regardign 2month results... Thanks!!
  • Luckyshan89
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!
  • Coach_EdMcLaughlin
    Options
    Before I answer that question, can you tell me a bit about you? What is your starting point, what is your fitness level? What are you trying to accomplish and by when?
  • Luckyshan89
    Options
    Before I answer that question, can you tell me a bit about you? What is your starting point, what is your fitness level? What are you trying to accomplish and by when?

I getting in shape for a career in Law Enforcement. Im current 320lbs and 6ft. and the weight is mainly in my belly.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    You do NOT need Shakeology. Overpriced and not at all worth it. Eat at a deficit and get an adequate amount of protein
  • Amy62575
    Amy62575 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    No to Shakeology. You also don't need to purchase the DVD's if you have access to Youtube. I've done all of the Insanity workouts and haven't spent a dime.
  • proton77
    proton77 Posts: 409
    Options
    You don't need any supplements shakeology if your goal is to lose weight. Simple calorie deficit should work. However, to boost fat loss, it's best to go with a higher protein and lower carb diet (e.g. 50% P, 30% c, and 20% f). It works for me.

I personally use shakeology and I'm a beachbody coach but I don't sell it to the folks I coach. It's a personal choice. I replaced my 2-3 cans of dr pepper and 2 cups of starbucks with it. Doesn't cost me more than I had paid for those high sugar and high fat drinks. If you can afford it, why not?