i need to go back to the hospital but can't afford it...?

Options
All I can think of lately is ending my pain and I have a plan on how I am going to do it.
I don't want to hurt my friends.. I know I need to go back to the hospital but I am only casual so won't get any sick leave and would lose my car and the house I am renting... help?

Replies

• sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Can you talk to your friends and family? Maybe they can offer you a place to stay or some money for bills while you're in the hospital?

This is treatable, and you're worth it. This is only a temporary bump in the road. :flowerforyou:
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    See if you can't get someone to drop you off at the ER. The folks there will be able to get you in touch with with your clinic and arrange ways to get you there.
  • DandelionCupcakes
    DandelionCupcakes Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I think maybe you should read the thread you posted that had everyone contribute things to live for.

You're worth it.
    You can feel better and you will, you just have to try. And it's worth it to try.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Let me get this straight - you would rather commit suicide than go into debt and maybe have to find a new place?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Also, please go to the hospital. Now.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about the details. Just do what you have to, to get better. And it will get better.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Is there anybody who can help you out while you are sorting this stuff, I mean financially?

Honey I know what it's like to stress about money and making the ends meet.
    However, when you are contemplating suicide you have more important things you HAVE to get taken care of.

Best of luck. I know you'll figure something out.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    You posted elsewhere that you go to a psychologist every week. Perhaps have a talk with your psychologist about this. :heart:
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Sweetie, if you need to, just go do it. Talk to your closest friends and see if they can help cover your financially for a little bit. It'll be worth it.
  • Mavrick7a
    Mavrick7a Posts: 1,353
    Options
    @roadtohappiness - Please go to the hospital, your life is so precious.... there are so many cool things that you have to experience, enjoy, and feel great about.
  • jlfarkas
    jlfarkas Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Depending on how much you want to divulge, the hospital social worker or psychiatrist may be able to talk to your boss and landlord and ask them to work with you during this difficult time. As someone said earlier- just go. Keeping yourself safe and getting the help you need are the most important things right now.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    If you are more concerned about losing a job, a car and a place to live, then you are not ready to seek help... if you were, none of those things would matter and what would matter is your health.

Also, doesn't australia have universal healthcare? or have some system that pays for people who can't afford health care?

Clearly this is just another attention seeking thread, since your other one this morning got deleted.. I just hope that you heed peoples advice and seek help instead of making up excuses again.
  • mjh0311
    mjh0311 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    If you can't go because you'll lose your house and your car could you go to the hospital for a few days to stabilize things and then do an intensive out patient program that would work around your work schedule? I know it's hard to do these thing but it seems like you want to feel better...
  • RoadToHappiness92
    Options
    If you are more concerned about losing a job, a car and a place to live, then you are not ready to seek help... if you were, none of those things would matter and what would matter is your health.

Also, doesn't australia have universal healthcare? or have some system that pays for people who can't afford health care?

Clearly this is just another attention seeking thread, since your other one this morning got deleted.. I just hope that you heed peoples advice and seek help instead of making up excuses again.
    How am I not ready to seek help?
    I have sought help in the past.
    I've been to multiple pdocs, psychiatrists, GPs, and hospital twice.. Been on multiple medication..
    I never said I can't afford the hospital but I will lose everything else.
    Stop and think twice before saying something you have no idea about.
  • mjh0311
    mjh0311 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I know it's frustrating and disappointing when nothing you have tried makes you feel better. I hope today is a better day for you.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

How am I not ready to seek help?
    I have sought help in the past.
    I've been to multiple pdocs, psychiatrists, GPs, and hospital twice.. Been on multiple medication..
    I never said I can't afford the hospital but I will lose everything else.
    Stop and think twice before saying something you have no idea about.
    Your health and mental stability is the bigger priority here. You won't lose everything. And even if you do, you still have your life. And a chance to make it good.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Again.
  • cmledwig
    cmledwig Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Actually, I know what you are going through.
    I need surgery, like it is not even funny. However, getting the doctors to do it is like pulling teeth, when you cannot afford it.
    All I can do is try everything other than surgery, that they will allow, and hope something staves off the "issue" long enough for me to find a way to pay for a 20k plus surgery.
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    You mentioned in a past thread you have seen a number of docs for your bi-polar. Keep trying (I know it seems impossible, but sometimes it takes a few). My Step-daughter is bi-polar and it took 2 different hospitalizations and a few different docs over the course of a couple of years to finally find the meds that work for her. She's happy and healthy now. It can be done, you just can't give up.

Don't worry about losing everything else. (Example - my step-daughter was married and working a job she loved when she had a manic break landing her in the hospital. She lost her job and her hubby. Sounds horrid right? At the time, yes... but in hindsight... NOPE. After she was back to "normal," she realized she wanted to back to school (something her ex-hubby wouldn't support). She's now finishing up her PhD (on a full scholarship), has a fabulous job lined up and is engaged to a wonderful SUPPORTIVE man. Sometimes things happen for a reason that you can't see now.

Take care of yourself. Live your life. And things will turn out the way they are meant to (even if you can't see it now).
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I hope you are still with us today. Have you been able to talk to anyone?