So embarrassed...

Options
I wanted to try and use the stationary bike at my gym last night. I'd never used that machine before and I was having trouble getting the seat down. I tried for like 10 min to get it down and it must have been obvious that I was having trouble because a nice (hot) guy came over to help me.

It turns out I'm too short to use the bike. :blushing: It seat won't go down far enough so I can reach the peddles. I was so embarrassed!!!! :embarrassed:

Its funny now :laugh: but not at the time. I just hopped back on the eliptical to get in my extra 20 min that I was going to do on the bike.

Oh lordy. :tongue:

Replies

• singcoz528
    singcoz528 Posts: 154
    Options
    Your so cute I love you! :-P

Your my inspiration to start this thing over again. I've been away for a while and I'm up to 204. So... Thanks! Your looking awesome by the way ;-)
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you were able to laugh about it later. What a cute stroy though and at least you got to interact with a hot guy. Every cloud has a silver lining.:smile:
  • snmonson
    snmonson Posts: 79
    Options
    hahah that's just too funny! I wish I was short ughh!
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Too cute! Don't worry... the bike is BORING and you have to really have a lot of resistance and/or speed in order to burn a good amount of calories. Stick with the elliptical :-) I'm sure you were trying to mix things up... If they have a stair climber, try that.... URGH! Hate that machine but you totally feel it in your butt and everywhere else. Sweat like crazy after a few minutes.
  • smtirado
    smtirado Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    don't be embarrased it happened to me two weeks ago. I was not able to ride bike. All we can do is :smile:
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    LOL! That's one of the reasons I avoid the regular stationary bike. I used the recumbent bike for 10 minutes after running and before my 10 minutes on the elliptical. It doesn't hurt my bum and I can comfortably reach the pedals. And I agree, the elliptical is definitely better for burning calories. I use the bike on hills mode with a high-ish resistance for some strength training for my legs.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I still to this day cannot ride a bike that is meant for adults. I'm not even quite 5 feet tall and it makes certain things at the gym a bit more difficult. I go to a mostly male gym and I think it's a good thing I do. I can always have them help me adjust things I can't reach, lol.
  • david1956
    david1956 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Ha ha ha. That's cute!

My daughter joined a gym recently and was telling me she and a friend decided to do some pull-ups on one of those machines that counter-balances your weight. For some daft reason they didn't figue you have to hold onto something as you kneel on the platform, and the friend and various other onlookers were howling laughing after her rapid plummet to the floor left her all kinda tangled up as she'd tried to grab hold of something.
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    lol at least the hot guy helped you .