new to this TDEE thing

Options
welcome reccomendations here are my stats

Age : 38 years old I figure I will be in 2 months so close enough

Height 5"4 inches tall

Current weight: 176 pounds

Activity level : lightly active

for my weight would you reccomend a 10%, 15% or 20% reduction .take a look at my picture this is where I am now. see what you can tell

I put down to eat 3 meals and 3 snacks

I am brand new to this heard a lot of positive things about this. in place of a road map to complex to understand for me. I need simple and straight.

Replies

• MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I'm a half inch taller than you and a generation older, but I'm on 1700 calories a day, exercising with my elliptical machine and a weight lifting workout, 5 lb. dumbbells ( Funcercize beginner's workout with trainer Sunshine, great beginners DVD) and I am losing weight steadily, every weigh-in. True, I also clean stalls and do barn work a couple of times a week. I'm usually under ( sometimes way under) on calories after working out, but I find that I lose more weight faster if I don't "eat it back". I don't pay any attention to heart rate, TDEE,or body fat index, but I have lost quite a bit in inches; this is what is working for me, can't say it is the best regimen for anyone else.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I just thought I'd bump this for you in case anyone out there is willing to help you out with your TDEE and activity level.
  • learnerdriver
    learnerdriver Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    have a look at the fit radiotools and estimate your body fat % based on your actual measurements- you will then know which one applies to you.

I am 5"4, 170 pounds,38.1% body fat and light activity- 1530 cals.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I would start with 20% since your % of body fat is on the higher end.

When you plateau for a couple of weeks, I would change it to 15%

Then when it plateau again (you will) I would change it to 10%

Give it a full 2 week plateau before changing it up.
  • kaypat09
    kaypat09 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    How close are you to your goal weight? I have found that as I got closer, i had to start eating more (went from a 20% reduction to a 10% reduction). If you're still pretty far, you could try out a 15% and see if it works! Give anything you try a few weeks before you decide if it's working or not.

If you put your stats into this website, you will get all the info you need!
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

17892839.png
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I am 40 pounds away from my goal weight. I will try the 20% first thanks so much