There's always that ONE...

Options
There's that one girl at work. In general I like her. She's got a heart of gold and I'm sure she means well, but she always knows what's best for everyone and has an opinion on everything.

Break time, especially weigh in days for our 'biggest loser' challenge, are always a big discussion on our weight loss, diet, tips for yummy low calorie treats and meals, etc. I've steadily lost 2-3 lbs a week since we started and in the beginning she would ask me about what I was doing, (She loses, then gains, then loses, then stays the same) She told me in the beginning she wasn't eating more than 800 calories a day and I told her she wasn't eating enough.

She scoffed and told me if I kept eating so much I'd stop losing (I haven't) She also told me my 'free' days were going to mess up my weigh loss. (They haven't)

At lunch the other day I was putting my food in the microwave and she nearly grabbed it out of my hand to look at the package "That's a lot of calories!" (it was 280) I told her it wasn't for me, I eat 1200-1500 calories a day.

"And you STILL lose weight?"

"I told you that you weren't eating enough"

The discussion ended there.

Replies

• amymina
    amymina Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I love my sister, but she was trying to lose weight recently and only eats 800-900 calories a day. Needless to say she got discouraged and hasn't lost anything. No matter how many times I explained it, I even offered to pack her lunches for work a few weeks to get her started, and she refused. The myth of eating nothing and loosing successfully is still out there.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!