Yawning during HIIT

Options
I've been doing Jillian Michaels burn fat boost metobolism and EVERY single time I yawn all through out the workout! It is really annoying. I am not tired when I work out, usually mid afternoon and my energy is great when I finish her dvd.
Anyone else have this issue??

Replies

• ZyheeMoongazer
    ZyheeMoongazer Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    There is a theory that yawning is a reflex when their is a build up of CO2 in the blood, our bodies attempt to force us to intake more Oxygen. Studies have not been able to prove this theory though.

I often yawn during a run or other high intensity exercise.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Another explanation for yawning is that it is the body's attempt to cool the brain.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I'm a yawner, too. I remember during the Olympics the commentators were talking about Apollo Ohno because he yawns during his warmup. Look it up!
  • peggymoney
    peggymoney Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm a yawner, too. I remember during the Olympics the commentators were talking about Apollo Ohno because he yawns during his warmup. Look it up!

I hadn't seen that! How interesting!
  • peggymoney
    peggymoney Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Maybe meditation would help with the way I am breathing. I think I may be a shallow breather!
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    This is anecdotal proof that cardio is indeed boring.
  • SarahHebert1
    SarahHebert1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    <--- also yawn during intense exercise. Most embarassing yawn (or yawns, since it was multiple times): during this hardcore latin funk - zumba style class with this super-fit instructor. Why did I stand in the front?
  • SarahHebert1
    SarahHebert1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options

I LOL'd.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I yawn, not sure about the science behind it really. I always assume that means I've been doing my fitness classes too long and my body needs to refuel/relax.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

i snorted.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options

i snorted.
    I did i Jillian DVD before. I yawned a lot. Boring and repetitive after the first 2 days.
  • EdwardBarrera
    Options
    Yahoo. You are pandiculating tension out of your system. This will leave you more relaxed and can give you more energy too. So it's ok to yawn. Your system must need it.

Here's some more info for those of you interested in the power of pandiculation. http://gravitywerks.com/pandiculate-your-way-to-health/

As a teacher of somatics exercises, we use the pandicular response at the heart of our system. My classes are filled with yawners as people release held tension patterns, become more relaxed and then more functional too!

After all, no animals ever stretches and neither should people - just keep on being a happy pandiculator and enjoy the sensations your body produces.

http://gravitywerks.com/pandiculate-your-way-to-health/