How does weight watcher points convert on mfp?

Options
I love my fitness pal but have been having a little trouble lately. . Last year I lost forty pounds and since Christmas have gained eight back. Out of desperation I joined Weight Watchers. I feel I need to be held accountable weekly to the scale. I signed up for one month. The program sounds great but with vegetables and fruit being free I am actually afraid I am going to gain weight. I am 5'2 and the points they are giving me daily is 26. Does anyone know how to use the mfp app and follow the weight watcher diet? Any help would be appreciated.

Replies

• col443
    col443 Posts: 17
    Options
    I do WW and MPF. I have found that I never go over my calories even with fruit/veggies being free. I currently get 34 points a day. Based on how low in calories most fruit and veggies are I think you would have to eat a TON of them for it to really have an effect.

I joined WW for the same reason you did. I needed to be accountable and going in and being weighed weekly works for me. I also was having obsessive issues with the scale. Was weighing 2-3 a day. I put my scale away and only get weighed at my meetings now. It is like a competition for me. WW does not work for everyone but right now it seems to be working for me.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Set MFP to lose 1 pound per week if you have less than say 35-40 pounds to lose. Set t to 2 pound if you have more than 40-50 pounds to lose. Just count calories. All your calories, even fruits and vegetables -- come as close to you daily allotment as possible. The end.

But to answer you, 26 points is roughly 1,100 calories. WW assumes you are eating 200-500 cals a day in fruit and veg.
  • Dawn7664
    Dawn7664 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I also do both, WW and MFP. And I stay within my points and calories. I'm at 33 points per day with weight watchers. You won't be able to convert point to calories or visa versa because WW point depend on the health of the calorie make up. What I like about MFP is that I can measure, carbs, fat, protein and sodium. By watching those measurements keeping balance with higher protein and GOOD fat and carbs and low sodium I am doing very well eating more for less points.

Be sure to weigh and measure, don't point creep but guessing it really matters. Good luck!