Hi, I'm new here.

Oh_Allie
Oh_Allie Posts: 258 Member
Hi everyone, I'm Allie. I joined MFP yesterday, but I'm no stranger to the weight loss success and failures. I've lost 91 pounds in the past, but gained it all back and then some. I have huge goals of losing 180 pounds, but I feel like I'm finally in the right place to push through and make it happen.

I'd love to meet some people that are on the same path as me and maybe form the support team that I know that I need and am now brave enough to ask for.

I'm also a good listener so add me if you'd like!

Replies

• EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Good luck! I'd be interested in forming a support team :)
  • KaylaBeers
    KaylaBeers Posts: 5 Member
    Hello,

Same boat. Struggling to keep weight off, finding success and then failing. Its hard. But with enough support and drive I believe that you can reach the you, you want to be. I'm willing to be a friendly support, because everyone one needs a cheer team. :wink:
  • charliemarie923
    charliemarie923 Posts: 275 Member
    Welcome! Ive been here 3 days . That is a huge goal. I only have 31lbs to lose. Im sure if youve lost so much before you can do it again, it sounds liek the maintanance will be harder for you.
    Check out some of the groups under 'community' then 'groups' then 'browse' they may be able to give you extra support, with like minded people.

charlie
  • janetg830
    janetg830 Posts: 17 Member
    HI, my name is janet, I joined mfp like two weeks ago, and I also have a 80 pound weight loss hurdle to challange myself with, but I'm going through the fourty challange. It is very hard for me.
  • TC4IOWASTATE
    TC4IOWASTATE Posts: 64 Member
    Hi, been here awhile and learning the tricks and how many calories you can eat is important. I am doing better since I remember to log in daily. I need to lose about 80 lbs too.

Motivation is the key! We can do this and if you want to friend me let me know.
  • starfinale
    starfinale Posts: 309 Member
    hi! welcome! I have a big goal like that also!!! good luck!
  • dsjsmom23
    dsjsmom23 Posts: 234 Member
    Hi Allie, welcome!
    I'm on my way to losing 130 pounds.
    Good luck to you!
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    :flowerforyou: Hi and welcome! I've been doing this for a year and I love MFP! I'm on here everyday. You can add me if you'd like. Good luck!!
  • DianaDuhh
    DianaDuhh Posts: 29
    Heyy.! :D Add me, we are in the same boat for the weight loss goal. I am positive and will help you throught out.!
  • starfinale
    starfinale Posts: 309 Member
    for anyone who has a lot of weight to lose, I started a support group today for losing 100 lbs! yall can join if you'd like. I don't think anyone is a trained professional but it's just for extra motivation.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/13302-lose-100-by-january-1-2014-support-team
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Hi I'm Rachel please feel free to friend request me, I'm 32 yrs old, have 1 son, and weigh 157, I'm currently trying to be heathy long term like forever would be great lol and want to lose about 20 lbs ..easier said then done I know, but am giving it my best !
  • Hey good luck Im sure you will smash it out keep positive and never give up.
  • LovinDaNewLiz14
    LovinDaNewLiz14 Posts: 217 Member
    I am here for you all.,,I have about 40-45 pounds left!!
  • Hi everyone this is my second day with mfp.so far so good.The plan is easy to follow.Add me as a friend if you need someone to buddy up with.Good luck to all.