NEED WORKOUTS TO GET ME OVER PLATEAU

Options
I'M AT A PLATEAU AND I NEED SOME NEW WORKOUTS TO GET MY WEIGHT LOSS GOING AGAIN. ANY TIPS?

Replies

• MeIShouldB
    MeIShouldB Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    ANYBODY?
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    So how's your eating? I bet your plateauing cause you aren't eating enough to fuel your body thoroughly.
  • Scott15Fit
    Options
    Eat clean (with enough protein), do weights and High Intensity Interval Training for cardio. Will lead to increased muscle mass which will burn more calories due to an increased Resting Metabolic Rate.
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    What are you currently doing?
  • janetg830
    janetg830 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I need some Ideas also, I am at a stand still and my water weight flluctuates like six pounds a week. I dont understand it. I can't get over this plateau. and I have alot ot weight to lose.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Some more information on what you are currently doing would be helpful, so we know what you need to change, increase, etc.
  • sindikumva
    Options
    circuit training!

check out the circuits detailed here, i'm obsessed - http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/5_fat_loss_workouts.htm
  • BeingAFitFoodie
    BeingAFitFoodie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi, I know how you feel! I also am trying to get over a plateau. Have you tried boxing?? Trust me, you will leave DRIPPING--that is one class that really works you out!
  • MeIShouldB
    Options
    What are you currently doing?

Walking on the treadmill during the week 30 minutes (boring and feels like nothing) and 30 minutes of elliptical on the weekend along with some weight training.
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Not knowing what you are doing makes it difficult to give you options... there are literaly 100's... more cardio, active recovery, circuit training, heavy lifting, swimming, 6 day schedules, HIIT, body weight ex, etc..................................
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    If you are eating under 1,500 eat more and up protein, fiber and fluids.
    If your workouts burn more than 400 eat more and up protein, fiber and fluids.
    Workouts do not need to be special. Lift whatever whenever do yoga and train to run a 5K.
  • MeIShouldB
    Options

Thanks a TON. Looked back at my diary just now. My goal is set at 1873, but without noticing I have often not met a net of at least 1500. Mainly because I'm scared to eat my exercise calories.
  • barb1241
    barb1241 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Don't be scared to eat your exercise calories. Your settings should have you at a deficit BEFORE you do any exercise, so that would just mean a greater deficit if you don't eat them back. Your body needs more fuel the more exercise you do-not less. Think of it like gas for your car. If it sits in the driveway, it only uses fuel during evaporation. If it goes a short distance slowly, it needs some gas, but only a little. If it's on a cross country trip, gotta fill up multiple times. You need to give your body enough fuel (good, nutritious food, preferably) so you can go the distance and get lean and fit. zpretty simplistic analogy, but a good start at understanding.
  • MeIShouldB
    Options

This may have helped me solve part of the mystery. My calories are set at 1873, BUT I haven't been eating at least 1500 lately. I don't eat the full amount, PLUS I burn 300 something calories with my workouts. Gonna try to get this right in combo with switching up my routine and see how it goes. Thanks alot guys.