One Year with MFP, 70lbs gone forever! (lots of pics)

Options
ktaylor1188
ktaylor1188 Posts: 141 Member
So today is my one year on MFP. It's quite hard to believe really. I have tried and failed at losing weight multiple times in my life and for some reason, unknown to me, this time everything just clicked :) I am so thankful that I was able to finally stick with it. It has actually become a lifestyle change for me. No, not everyday is perfect, and yes I do still eat the occasional cookie/pizza/cupcake :) I am just aware of the fact that what I put in my mouth will affect me. Exercise has become a very important part of life for me now. I actually 'enjoy' it oddly enough :P I have a new found love for myself now. One that I didn't know existed. At my heaviest I was 268lbs. When I started this journey I weighed 258lbs, exactly one year ago. Today I am 188lbs...80 pounds lighter than my heaviest weight and 70lbs lighter than when I first started MFP. And all it really took was a change of mind to start and with that came of change of heart. I am truly happy now...and though I have more to lose I can say that it will only get better from here on out!

This is me near my heaviest 268...
scan_zps63773e82.jpg

And this is me on my honeymoon in 2009 (probably also close to my heaviest)
2009_0927honeymoon20019_zps737888b6.jpg
2009_0927honeymoon20020_zpsd697513b.jpg

These are a few during pics 250's to 199
side_zpsa338cf8a.jpg
back_zps0ec69c20.jpg
front_zps580ae879.jpg

And me in the 190s :) (I told myself when I got out of the 200's I would change my look...so I did :D
1360462563517_zps76b76045.jpg
1361749185385_zps37c1b86f.jpg
DSCF1041_zpsfc378538.jpg

And me again (Taken yesterday)- weight 188lbs
20130330_182049_zps81477dbd.jpg
20130330_181939_zps7afa4abd.jpg

**And just for some additional info I am 25 and 5'6". I don't have a gym membership...I have done all of my work from home. Jillian Michaels DVDs mostly. I also recently got a treadmill and have started training for a 5k this summer. Running was something I thought only crazy people liked...well apparently I'm crazy :P

<3 Best of luck to all of you fellow MFPers! Here are 5 words that when put together have been my recipe for success...Commitment-Discipline-Consistency-Faith-and most of all-Heart! Thanks for reading!

Replies

• jennontheroad
    jennontheroad Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!!!
  • cindygretz
    Options
    Amazing transformation! Congrats!!!

(PS, I'm so jealous of your beautiful hair!)
  • ninilynn70
    ninilynn70 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look fantastic!
  • grdnr03
    grdnr03 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss! you do look fantastic, love the pics! thanks for sharing!

I also workout at home!
  • BeingAFitFoodie
    BeingAFitFoodie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    wow congrats!! You look so fit!! Can't wait to get to my goal as well! :)
  • Felicitykhan
    Felicitykhan Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing! What kind of diet did you follow?
  • SallyaStewart11
    SallyaStewart11 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You look BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations on your success! I love your new look! Keep it up!
  • KarenM1978
    KarenM1978 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What an accomplishment!! Congrats on your success. :)
  • Footballisdashit
    Options
    Wow. Impressive.
  • leonaedithlewis
    leonaedithlewis Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Wow, consistency really pays off.
  • SlimSumday
    SlimSumday Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    You are GORGEOUS!! Congrats!!
  • agrant85
    agrant85 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! You look great!! It's nice to see too because we seem to have the same body type, so it gives me some idea of what to expect!! Keep up the great work...
  • ftballmom9296
    ftballmom9296 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Congrats, I am starting around the same weight you did. I am happy to know that this is possible. I would love to know how you have been so successful. You are definitely an inspiration and I know you will make it to your final goal and be so proud of doing so.
  • mercergirl2008
    mercergirl2008 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. You look great!
  • beatlebomb
    Options
    What a beautiful story. Congrats!!!! You look amazing. You must be full of energy. Way to go.
  • raegan1215
    Options
    congratulations - you look so beautiful and happy! i love the new look too!!!
  • gigi_RN2013
    gigi_RN2013 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! How often do you do the fitness dvd's?
  • lauriand
    lauriand Posts: 24
    Options
    Wow!! What an incredible transformation! Seriously such an inspiration!! Thank you for sharing!
  • jlmed
    jlmed Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation, congratulations!!
  • ktaylor1188
    ktaylor1188 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing! What kind of diet did you follow?

no special diet really. i just watch what i eat, and keep track of my calories. i don't eat fast food or drink pop anymore. those were two things i found i could live without and i don't miss them at all!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!