How do you prefer to weight yourself?

Options
erickita89
erickita89 Posts: 422 Member
I like to weigh myself usually right after lunch. And that's the weight i record on MFP. Why?

You know how sometimes u eat and your belly might pudge out a little? i feel like that's the weight that most people see me at. so therefore that is my "true" weight and that's what i like to put in on MFP. I just feel like its more honest. LOL idk why. haha

Some people however, like to weigh in the nude, before eating anything, first thing in the morning. LOL and they think im nuts.

SO how do you prefer to weigh yourself? and why?

Replies

• SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    with ten pound weights one day so the next I lose ten pounds! Awesome!
  • erickita89
    Options

I never though about that before. that is pretty awesome haha.
  • skinny1801
    skinny1801 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    In the morning because I'm the lightest and that technically is your true weight. But just go by measurements the scale doesn't take into account of a lot of things like water weight or bone density or muscle mass.
  • dirtyd89
    dirtyd89 Posts: 170
    Options
    In the morning before I eat or drink anything.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    In the morning with the same level of clothing. Why? Consistency. Once you start eating and drinking your weight is going to fluctuate hugely. Even as it is, it already fluctuates a lot. But it's the most consistent method I have found.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    In the morning at the gym, nude.
  • mkeller234
    mkeller234 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    As long as you are weighing the same way each time, I don't think it matters a whole lot. I'm one that likes to weigh in the morning without clothes. It makes sense to me, different clothes and meals may not weigh the same each time.
  • SerenaFisher
    Options

I never though about that before. that is pretty awesome haha.
    It is the easiest way to see results haha

I do morning weight though.
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    At the gym, after my workout. It has a "standard" counter-weight style scales that are calibrated and its out in the main corridor. I've thought about measuring myself nude but I think I would send all the gym bunnies screaming in horror and make them bleed from the eyes. That could be fun but I'll probably get kicked out.
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Many said the best is naked...in the morning after you went (number 2) and exhale completely.

Why.... well naked is ovious.... in the morning is because your stomach's empty.... After you pooped, cause you can hold up to 5 pounds of crap inside (not kidding) and exhale cause ...yes air does weight something....

Not kidding here... Anyway, Just my advice here ;)

Take care
  • silversociety
    silversociety Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I do it after I work out as that is the only scale I have access to. Also, it's consistent as that is the only way I've measured myself in the last year or so.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options

And which gym would this be? (aprox time would be helpful too) :flowerforyou:
  • Joehenny
    Options

8-10 am M-Fri

all over Southern Ca, I keep getting kicked out of my gyms so always finding new ones.
  • SerenaFisher
    Options

8-10 am M-Fri

all over Southern Ca, I keep getting kicked out of my gyms so always finding new ones.

Obviously they do not appreciate art.
  • Joehenny
    Options

8-10 am M-Fri

Obviously they do not appreciate art.

I know, jerks! I just want the world to see!!!
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Every Saturday morning, naked, before I eat or drink anything. Th difference in weight between a pair of jeans and a pair of shorts??? .........
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    naked in the mornings, after breakfast and after my morning run, but before my post run shower
  • erickita89
    Options
    wow so i'm liek the only oddball here i guess. thanks for all the answers and entertainment =)
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I think one of the posts went over everyone's head since the title has a misspelling of "weight" ... there could be two understands of the topic. The most common way people weight themselves I've seen is a vest, but you can use a belt with chains for exercises like dips.

The best time to weigh yourself is after a regular night's sleep early in the day.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    int he morning, post workout and post "taking the browns to the super bowl"