Cooking tips and suggestions for over the road truckers.

Options
Tami and I prefer a small crockpot we purchased at walmart for under $20.00 dollars.

Big enough for for two persons meals, has a high, low and off switch. Nice wide base will not tip over while traveling.

This addition to our truck allows for cooking freshh and frozen veggies, meats and stews,soup and much more.

We are able to do better portion control meals, cook while driving, have a hot meal ready when co driver wakes up for their shift.

Second benefit is the fact that you will not have to waste time in line waitng on greasy fast food.

Time better spent doing a little walking.

Please post or reply with more ideas for the road warriors out here.

Replies

• Kudzu
    Kudzu Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Now this is dedication and motivation at its finest!! Never would have thought of this..... Best of luck with your healthy eating and ya'll be safe out there!
  • Nlongenecker
    Nlongenecker Posts: 765
    Options
    My hubby works out of town every week, not a trucker, but stays in hotels w/o cooking facilities. He has a small grill (like a camp grill, pretty small) he cooks on it in the parking lot of the hotel. He works construction so he grills dinner for the crew some nights at their hotel, kinda like tailgating w/o the game, :-). But you could do lots of things, chicken, fish, veggies, etc.

Also, do you have weekends home, or even once a month? We have a cooler that keeps things frozen for 5 days. You could make meals ahead when you are home, then freeze them in individual containers. Then eat them when you're ready. Although you would have to have a way to re-heat them. But I think most truck stops have microwaves you could use.

Hope this helps. Best wishes for your success!