Hello everyone!

Options
Hello to all:

My name is Kim and this is a little insight into how I turned a very healthy body into something well..fluffy:)

When I got married I weighed maybe 120 with clothes on. I was a size 4 on my wedding day and didn't teeter anywhere near double digits until I got pregnant a year later with my son. I had the most gorgeous little boy on earth to show for it, I also had about 40 pounds of excess "baby" weight to show for it. I took the pregnancy as free reign to eat whatever I wanted whenever I wanted because I was eating for two. The first few months of my pregnancy I had horrific morning sickness and by my 6th month when it finally let up, I ate anything that wasn't nailed down. Needless to say after a few years and nursing was over, my son couldn't be blamed for my weight gain. The cord was cut in 2000, so I couldn't use him as an excuse anymore. After getting really comfortable with several fast food establishments and having a fondness for anything greasy, cheesy and covered in rich sauce, I gained more weight on top of that weight. I finally got serious in 2006 to lose all of my weight (which at that point was about 60 pounds plus from my petite size 4 frame) and I did great using the Fat Smash plan, my wonderful gym and trainer and lots of blood, sweat and tears. Well my job got busier, my office moved away from my convenient across the street gym and I got sedentary..period. I stayed sedentary and let the wonders of marriage and "love weight" allow my husband and I to get quite fluffy and happy together. Unfortunately fluffy became overweight, overweight became obese and my knees started to become very angry with my new lifestyle. My once slender figure had become a frequenter of restaurants, carryouts and ice cream parlors throughout my state.

Determined to lose all my "fluffiness" I armed myself with the tools I needed, a new food plan and the power of P90X, I became a lean mean P90X machine. Alas, it wasn't meant to last as soon after I became a workout warrior I received devastating news. I had a routine annual checkup with my OB/GYN and soon learned I had Stage 2 cervical cancer last August. Many depressing months of eating soon followed and several surgeries and session of radiation later, I'm almost done and hopefully on the road to being cancer free in a few short months. My oncologist has suggested I eat as much as my body will allow and exercise to keep myself in fighting form. So that's where I am today, eating healthy and as much as I can while exercising to keep my body in fighting form! But with the meds and steroids I'm taking, it's a battle I have to continue to work twice as hard to win since I was obese before I received my diagnosis and are struggling with teetering weight loss and gain week to week. So thanks to Fitness Pal, I can track my exercise and diet and keep myself on a plan that my doctor can monitor.

So that's me..soon to be cancer-free, fluffy free and hopefully in the best shape of my life..here goes!!

Replies

• Alure
    Alure Posts: 30
    Options
    Good luck with all of your goals! I hope you are cancer free and that you can stay optimistic to reach all of your other health and fitness goals!!! :)