Womens Clothing UK

Options
Since this time last year, ive dropped from a size 14 to a size 6-8 and now im struggling. I'm classed as 'petite' being 5"3 so ive always had to buy jeans etc. in the shorter sections but my problem now is, most UK stores dont cater for anything smaller than an size 8 - and if they do, its selected lines of the normal clothing available, very frustrating.

The only places ive found which do size 6 for petites are Miss Selfridge, boohoo.com, Topshop and Bank. Places like Dorothy Perkins, Matalan and New Look dont do the main clothing in anything smaller than an 8!

Does anyone else become frustrated with this too?

Thanks guys

Replies

• kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Next do size 6 in petites, or at least I've found from experience.

I become frustrated because I *used* to find that size 16's in regular trousers were TOO SMALL, and TOO LONG, and I'm 5'4 so I'm not really classed as 'petite'. I tried on the petite size 16's and they were a little bit too big but perfect on the leg. This was actually in Next itself. I've dropped from a size 16 to a size 8-10 so it'll be interesting to find out what the smaller sizes are like. Vanity sizing sucks. :flowerforyou:
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    To be honest I don't think I'll ever be having this problem :laugh:

H&M and Zara both do smaller sizes though.
  • susyw_2003
    Options
    Yeah I understand the length problem too! Its annoying because I always find loads of jeans I like in the regular section.. but they are always miles too long and dont do them in the petites! Its like they think we are like an average height of 5"6!
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Might sound daft, but what about trying some things on in the teenager section? Tops might not be any good as they won't be designed to have a larger bust, but maybe for jeans and trousers?

I don't think this is a problem I will ever have lol.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Next, Zara, Warehouse do plenty of size 6, and Oasis do an XS which is a 6.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Might sound daft, but what about trying some things on in the teenager section? Tops might not be any good as they won't be designed to have a larger bust, but maybe for jeans and trousers?

I don't think this is a problem I will ever have lol.

Lol I doubt I will have this problem either. I am the average 5'6 and a size 12 and glad to be!

My friend is quite petite and she's bought teenager clothes before, I think from New Look.

Have you tried River Island? And Jane Norman - their clothes come up small.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Yeah I understand the length problem too! Its annoying because I always find loads of jeans I like in the regular section.. but they are always miles too long and dont do them in the petites! Its like they think we are like an average height of 5"6!

average height for a woman in the Uk is 5ft5.....