OMG can you gain 5kg in 2 days???

Options
:grumble: Omg someone help!!! I went and bought me new scales from Kmart cause my scale dont work & I thought Id try it out & I couldnt beleive the scales said 113kg OMFG!!! I dont know, what do you think??? Should I change my weight, Ill weigh 1st thing in the morning tomorrow before 30day shred & squats. OMG I weighed in Sunday on my auntys scale & it was 108.6kg. I cant of gained 5kg in 2days??? Or is it possible??? Someone reply Im going crazy here.......

Replies

• EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    One scale is off. Or they both are. It does not matter, you are here for the long term results. Don't let the scale rule you.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    One scale is off. Or they both are. It does not matter, you are here for the long term results. Don't let the scale rule you.

This.

Most household scales are inaccurate. Just be sure to stick to using the same one so you can see if your weight is trending up or down.
  • NikinCilla
    NikinCilla Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I guess your right with the scales not to rule me!!! Thanks thats a different way of looking at it......dont want to end up like last time. Thanks for replying :smile:
  • NikinCilla
    Options
    ok thanks maybe I shouldve bought the $200 scales from briscoes, yep Ill keep to these new scales, thanks again :smile:
  • MakingChangesToday
    Options
    Just stick to one scales to compare. Mine at home always shows 2kgs more than the one at the gym.

The mirror will tell me once I lost enough weight... :-)
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Reset your weight to the new scale you bought, and the weigh on that going forward :-)
  • goonas
    goonas Posts: 205
    Options
    Weighing tips:

- Use the same scales all the time
    - Weigh at the same time of day
    - Weigh wearing the same clothes
    - Weigh on the same spot of the floor - a scale that doesn't sit exactly right will lead to differing results.

If you go against any of these then you are merely comparing apples with oranges and that doesn't work ;)
  • NikinCilla
    Options
    Thanks for the tips will do that!!!
  • NikinCilla
    Options
    Reset your weight to the new scale you bought, and the weigh on that going forward :-)

I will and thanks for the reply :)
  • NikinCilla
    Options
    Just stick to one scales to compare. Mine at home always shows 2kgs more than the one at the gym.

The mirror will tell me once I lost enough weight... :-)

Yeah I will stick to the new scale, thanks for the reply :)
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options
    Ignore the scale, throw them out. Go by what you see in the mirror or your measurements.... That's the truth :smile: