3lb weight gain

Options
how can i gain 3lb in a week, im on a 1400 cal diet now weight 195kg and im 5ft 2" size 14 jeans etc, i think im big boned lol its not period related as not due for 2 weeks i do kickboxing, step, zumba and bootcamp let alone walking everywhere everyweek. i gained injuries to my arms ( torn a muscle or something in each arm) so this week no exercise for me till im better, but how did the 3lb gain on me, was doing so well. i havnt gained inches bk with it either, could it be cos of my arm injury etc so its retained water, i dunno lol that y i need help.

Replies

• jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    your food diery is not open to view so i can't make any suggestions.
  • NickyBaker2013
    Options
    i havnt filled in my food diary tbh got it all on paper atm cos my internet kept dying. ive been eating between 1300 and 1500 cals a day and ob i eat bk some of my calories i burn, i dunno how people manage eating bk calories i struggle. its a 3lb weight gain from last monday when i got my injury, my arms r a little bit swollen from it and on tablets, just wondered if my muscles r holding water in my arms cos if injury or am i being silly. whcih could of caused the gain, no way have i eaten 3500 cals a day to gain weight
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    toomuchbootyindapants Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    You said it yourself - water. Yes you can retain water from an injury - how do you think the body repairs itself? How much sodium have you been eating lately? Are you drinking enough water? Could be any number of things. Do yourself a favor and avoid the scale for awhile...don't let it set the tone for your day.
  • f1nona
    f1nona Posts: 5
    Options
    I think I've gained this week too. I've been losing steadily but I just think it is good to happen and next week let's see what will happen. You have the 5 week predictor and it gives you a goal to work towards. Frustrating but loook at what you have already lost.
  • NickyBaker2013
    Options
    i hardly have sodium in my diet, im awful at drinking, really bad actually, i can go a day with out drinking. but i do make myself. think ill hide the scales
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    you need to log what you are eating. If you have time for this thread then you could have logged your food.

I have been dealing with a neck injury this past 2 weeks, i get where you are coming from. Stay the course, heel up. For me i have not been able to work out so i have had to pay very close attention to my food intake.
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    How does soreness in your arms keep you from all exercise?

Log food here. I bet you've got more sodium than you think.

Maybe be a bit more moderate (not all the exercise things in one week) and therefore more consistent (not well now I'll do nothing)