help needed with snack ideas

Options
hey guys

im struggling to think of healthy snack ideas any suggestions would be awsum :)

Replies

• WifeofPJ
    WifeofPJ Posts: 312
    Options
    The snacks I do often are Fruit, Grape Tomato's, Snow/sugar pot peas, sweet peppers, radishes, string cheese, cottage cheese, sometimes greek yogurt but make sure that it doesn't have too much sugar in it. Sometimes some fresh veggies with Ranch dipping sauce. I try to keep it to real foods as much as possible. I hope that this helps.
  • WifeofPJ
    WifeofPJ Posts: 312
    Options
    I forgot about nuts. I eat nuts for snacks too especially when I have a carb crabbing.
  • leahshepherd
    leahshepherd Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I use a lot of fruit (boring I know), weight watchers yogurts, fage greek yogurt with berries, muesli bars (if im going to work out), light hot chocolate, sometimes a diet desert. I love my sweets.
  • elexichoccyeater
    elexichoccyeater Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    It depends where you are from? Are you British?
  • dongor83
    dongor83 Posts: 6
    Options
    what type of nuts are best?
    i have a cashew nt allergy but can eat others.
  • vorgas
    vorgas Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I premake a vegetable medley of baby carrots, celery, sweet mini peppers, radishes, sugar snap peas, grape tomato, and parsnip. Nice thing to have around.

Other good snacks:

Air popped popcorn. Extremely low cal and fairly filling. Quick and easy.

Dry roasted edamamme pods. A little salty, so limit to 1 handful a day unless you really work up a sweat.

You can find protein chips on amazon. Kays Naturals makes some good ones. About 120 cals per pouch and decent amount of protein. Of course its soy, so you cant go crazy with it unless you just like having lots of estrogen :)

Fiber One cereal with unsweetened almond milk. 100 calories and tasty.
  • xbleedingxglitterx
    Options
    My go to snacks are edamame, fruit (usually berries), Chobani yogurt, and almonds. I have atleast one of those things every single day.
  • dez_yaoichan
    Options
    frozen white seedless grape. put 15-20 in a baggy and stick in freezer.
  • Tenzuya
    Tenzuya Posts: 64
    Options
    Popcorn (air popped no butter)
  • silmarilliane
    silmarilliane Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    in the UK they have alpen light bars which are less than 70 cals and feel like you're having a chocolate bar (and a square of choc is pretty much that calories) - they do double choc, choc fudge etc. i also replace proper crisps with either airy crisps (quavers/skips etc) as they're lower cals, or even better is with rice cakes which you can get it loads of flavours. i found it easier to follow what i normally ate, but replace with lower calorie alternatives.

someone else on here suggested getting ice lolly makers and freezing diet coke/fanta etc.
  • RunForChai
    RunForChai Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Every morning I cut up very thin slices of:
    *carrots, celery, baby bell peppers [add cukes when they are in season.

I make baggies of walnuts or almonds [again, I cut them up so that I can eat them one by one, sometimes putting them next to me at my desk].

A thermos of green tea [I like mine with pomegranate] to sip all day.

A boiled egg, a thinly sliced apple or pear.

A spoonful of almond butter.

Have your snacks ready so that you can munch on them when you need them, don't wait for hunger to hit!
    Good luck!
    PS I broke the energy bar habit and lost weight and feel less hungry, but it was only by being prepared.
  • RunForChai
    RunForChai Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I like almonds, walnuts or---sunflower seeds or even better, pumpkin seeds.
  • krdickout
    Options
    I usually get the Calbee Snap Crisps, Kashi GoLean Crisp Bars, Terra Exotic Vegetable Chips, Light Babybel Cheeses, and assorted fruits and veggies.
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    for snack i love cutting up 1 apple and 1 banana or orange put a spoon of plain yoghurt on it or cinnamon or lemon juice its a dream.