Kevin Ware

Options
_Cheyanne_
_Cheyanne_ Posts: 97 Member
WHY! This is under the chit-chat because I didn't know where else to place it... but seriously, how does this happen? Not enough training in certain areas? Poor diet? I mean it looks like the guy should have just landed with a broken ankle, but no....

(I'd rather not post the video, so feel free to search :noway: )

Replies

• SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Good question... but injuries are weird sometimes you see something that looks horrible and wonder how someone comes out alive, sometimes something that doesn't look bad is bad.
  • misssaggybum
    Options
    Is that the college basketballer that fractured his leg? seen the video yesterday...cringe worthy alright. poor kid.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Freak injuries just happen. I seriously doubt at a program like Louisville it had much to do with his diet or conditioning.

Devastating for the guy, I'm sure.
  • perfekta
    perfekta Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Another vote for freak accident. I was watching the game (huge Duke fan), and that was INSANE. I've watched since I was 10, and I've never seen anything even close to that happen. Pitino was saying when they interviewed him at the end, that six inches of his bone was sticking out. Gah.
  • xbleedingxglitterx
    Options
    I most def think it was just a freak accident. I was watching the game when it happened and literally got goosebumps when I saw him fall. Makes my leg hurt just thinking about it!
  • Proyecto_AN
    Proyecto_AN Posts: 387
    Options
    Pure Physics.
  • aksmitty1981
    aksmitty1981 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I think the momentum of his body plus landing awkwardly caused the break. Two years ago I was jumping in a forward direction and landed a little funny and broke my ankle. It was not even close to as bad as Kevin Ware's but it didn't take much to break. Hope he makes a full recovery.
  • brandipoo
    brandipoo Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    There were rumblings that he may have had a stress fracture that was undiagnosed.
  • Itssojen
    Itssojen Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    They think he might have already had a stress fracture there before this happened.
  • fatboymax
    fatboymax Posts: 90
    Options
    I watched the game ... I threw up in my mouth a little when it happened. I have broken both ankles and landing a little incorrectly can cause major damage if you gain a lot of momentum.
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    They had posted some answers as to why this could have happened but I think they are thinking he probably already had several small stress fractures that had not been detected and when he came down with that much pressure, it just all cracked. Saw the video and it just floored me. I can't even imagine the pain he had to be in but he was so brave!!
  • Kttyler87
    Kttyler87 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Yes, he landed all wrong. Horrible injury. Poor kid, I dont think will ever play another game again....If he does it will never be the same. Social media had it broadcasted all day yesterday and the horrible picture was everywhere....It defiantly turned my stomach!
  • ruckerbenton
    Options
    I wonder about his overall health. Could there be an underlying health issue such as a bone density of calcium absorption issue. Sometimes serious health issues lend themselves to freak injuries. Just a thought. Oh yeah, I'm from Louisville and love me some Cards! L yeah...go Cards!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    When I saw that I was SO shocked! That poor kid...only 19 and it is game over for a LONG time if not forever.....
    His poor mama watching the game at home too! If that was my son, I would have had a stroke watching that!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I was watching a doctor talk about the injury, and his speculation was that there had to be existing stress fractures in the leg for it to break that way and to be such a clean break. That was horrible to watch! And the kid was up walking yesterday!
  • Kttyler87
    Kttyler87 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I was watching a doctor talk about the injury, and his speculation was that there had to be existing stress fractures in the leg for it to break that way and to be such a clean break. That was horrible to watch! And the kid was up walking yesterday!
    Exactly what I was thinking a fracture makes sense. You put enough stress on it and it will snap..Poor guy