Insanity Newbies and Oldies

Options
13»

Replies

• jusimplicit
    Options
    barefoot insanity is the best! Just be mindful of your footing and form so you don't sprain an ankle :)
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    week 3 for me today!!! i hate insanity .. just saying
  • malevchenko
    malevchenko Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started Insanity yesterday- for the fist time ever. Really excited to finish this program and be in the best shape of my life. Feel free to add me as a friend if you're also doing the program- we can motivate each other!
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Week 5 for me and I absolutely love it. Definitely my soul mate workout :) I also do it barefoot, works best for me.

I don't see why people say that these workouts are a ripoff, sure they are expensive but if they work and you can use them for life, what is the big deal? The only thing I am not a fan of is all these BB Coaches all over the place trying to get you to join their groups etc etc.
  • mbow1977
    mbow1977 Posts: 213
    Options
    I completed Insanity just before xmas and had great results, I lost around 25 lbs whilst on Insanity, since then I completed P90X 2 weeks ago and have just started body beast..... good luck all!!
  • JeNn45nFiT
    JeNn45nFiT Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Just started Insanity yesterday...did the Fit Test and just like everyone else I have noticed it kicked my butt! Looking forward to seeing my results in a few weeks! :)
  • heymayer
    heymayer Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday and was dying just from the Fit Test. I'm very sore today, in places I forgot even existed, so I know it's gonna work since it's affecting me already.

My only qualm with it is: how do I enter it under exercise on this site so that I can get an accurate calorie count? I put it in as "circuit training - general" but I don't think that is right.
  • nuttyduffy
    nuttyduffy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    <<< Power Jumps - I hate them but love Insanity!

Did it last year & still do it 2/3 Times a week & lift 4 times a week

Insanity is hard but amazing all rolled into one

Got result pics in my profile - feel free to have a look :happy:
  • nuttyduffy
    nuttyduffy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday and was dying just from the Fit Test. I'm very sore today, in places I forgot even existed, so I know it's gonna work since it's affecting me already.

My only qualm with it is: how do I enter it under exercise on this site so that I can get an accurate calorie count? I put it in as "circuit training - general" but I don't think that is right.

I always logged it as circuits until I got my HRM, turned out to be pretty accurate!
  • mzootie
    mzootie Posts: 133
    Options
    Love Insanity also. @ Mary can you explain what you mean?
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 4 and really liking it (but hating it too!) I've only lost 1lb but have taken progress photos and can see big changes, hoping the scale starts to budge soon to match the pics!
  • jimbridgman
    Options
    Yeah I agree, Insanity is great. I have completed it several times, and Insanity asylum 1 once, and now I am on a P90X Insanity hybrid.
    Between P90x and Insanity, I have lost about 70 pounds in about 18-24 months, and yes I have been doing P90X and insanity as my workouts for that long, alongside other things as well, like taking walks with my dogs, and jogging at times as well as other more "fun" sports type workouts.
  • ryans5050
    ryans5050 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Just started my first round ever, day 1 fitness test finished yesterday and *ugh* looking forward to day 2 tonight.

Wish me luck!
  • JeNn45nFiT
    JeNn45nFiT Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Day 2 Insanity - WOW! WOW! WOW! That's all I can say! LOL! Plyometric Cardio Training, that last circuit with the push ups etc. Kicked my butt, I have hard time doing push ups the "guy" way so just did the best I could! :) Water and food good so far today! :)
  • bearhugz57
    Options
    remember... muscle weighs more than fat. ;-) you're seeing results? inches on your wardrobe? that's a plus!
  • eBay80
    eBay80 Posts: 1
    Options
    I just finished the fit test for Insanity, I am looking forward to day 2. What heart rate monitor does everyone use?
  • toni429
    toni429 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just started on day 2 tomorrow I have a polar F4 it helps to tract the calories. This is very hard but love the fact that it will get us in shape in 60 days????if we follow it. Add me if you want some support - I know I need it - thinking about how sore my legs already feel .I must remind myself dig deep