Fitness clothing brands you prefer

Options
Hey y'all. I want to get better clothes for working out but I'm a complete noob at this. Just looking for some recommendations from the ladies.

What brands do you like? Do's and Don'ts? If you shop online, sites?
Also, I need a supportive sports bra and I'm having a hard time finding one for *ahem* larger sizes. Suggestions?

Thanks, e'rebody :D

Replies

• mrs727remedy
    mrs727remedy Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I work at catherines plus size clothing store we have nice work out clothes. Not sure of your size but i know we have bras that go up to sizes g,h, and i.
  • Valerie_Malone
    Valerie_Malone Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I like Champion. I found a pair of yoga pants that are the same as lulu and cost way less.
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I just go buy whatever is at Target or Kohls' and is on sale.
  • fitnessbuilding
    Options
    I do prefer to use MusclePharm brand clothes to wear during workouts.:):)
  • efranz12
    efranz12 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Love my Under Armor. But the Champion line Target carries is pretty good quality for the price. If you have lots of expendable income Lululemon has awesome quality stuff.
  • kmc979
    kmc979 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    i spend the most on my sports bras because those are def you pay for what you get. I am currently using nike brand sports bras. As for my workout clothes, I am currently using danskin brand tops and shorts that I got at walmart for $5 a piece. I figured this stuff isn't gonna fit for long and is just going to get all gross so why spend the money. My friend told me I need I needed cuter workout clothes and I said why, i certainly don't look cute when i work out. Maybe when i reach my goal weight and it all evens out I will buy the nicer stuff I used to use like adidas, nike, and under armor brand so my stuff lasts longer. the champion stuff at target looks nice also.
  • k8wizzo
    k8wizzo Posts: 33
    Options
    I like the C9 by Champion stuff at target--good quality, low price. The sports bras fit and support me well and I'm a 38DDDD while nursing.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I love Target and Nike. Nike I can usually find at Kohls for 30-50% off. :) I will say I got a GC for Lululemon for my birthday and I'm sorry, that stuff is ridiculously over priced and some of it doesn't actually target working out, just looking cute. Bleh.
  • SheriBethB
    SheriBethB Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm a 40H and use the Enell sports bra. Love it so much!
  • goldmay
    goldmay Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I like the workout clothes at Old Navy and Target (Champion). When I feel like splurging on something more expensive, I shop online at Road Runner since I have their 10% discount membership. They have a ton of sports bras and sizes too, up to G.
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Walmart Starter gear. Why pay a ton of money for something fancy? (Except shoes)
  • mdcoug
    mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I've bought stuff at Old Navy, Target, Under Armour and Nike. When it comes to leggings, I much prefer the Under Armour and Nike pair. The material is just higher quality and hides more of my cellulite than the cheaper stuff! For tops, I usually buy things that are loose fitting and the brand really doesn't matter to me. I like the website www.teamestrogen.com for my sports bras. I have the opposite problem you have in that department, so they are the only ones where I've found the brand that I like.
  • gxm17
    gxm17 Posts: 374
    Options
    I usually shop at the discount stores (Ross, Marshalls, TJ Maxx). You can find great prices on high quality name brands, like Prana, Under Armour, Marika, Moving Comfort, Champion, etc. But my absolute favorite brand is Lululemon which I've never found on discount so my husband gets it for me as gifts.
  • nurse_beck
    nurse_beck Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I usually buy whatever is on sale at Target for my workout clothes. However, I am large chested and so I choose to spend alot more on my sports bra. The brand I use is Shock Absorber and you can buy it from Bare Necessities, online. They run around $70/piece, but are so worth it. I have never had such a good, supportive bra and I've tried TONS.
  • jbolnick
    jbolnick Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My sports bras are Champion from target. I love Nike running shorts!
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Sports bras: Nike

Shorts and Fitness pants: Under Armour and One Step Ahead.
  • msrootitooti
    msrootitooti Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I love the Gap and Old Navy active lines.. Also have a lot of New Balance stuff
  • catrunsintowindow
    catrunsintowindow Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I love lululemon, and I'm not afraid to admit it. If I could get away with it, I'd live in their yoga pants 24/7. My sports bra is Under Armour, though, and it is also fantastic. Mika Yoga is where I get my stuff for pole and hot yoga.
  • deannakittygirl
    deannakittygirl Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    whatever I find on sale!