Carbs

Options
Hi - anyone know how I can reduce my carb intake? I just love them as they are filling but of course are higher in cals :-(

Replies

• shepismint
    shepismint Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Meat, eggs and cheese are the basics of it. :)
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    What about making them fit in? Not all carbs are high in calories. Things like bread and pasta are for sure.

Fill up on veggies, healthy fats, protein and fiber which will all keep you feel full for longer and have a smaller portion of whatever carbs you like.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Fill up on veggies, healthy fats, protein and fiber which will all keep you feel full for longer and have a smaller portion of whatever carbs you like.

this
  • MarkHawks
    MarkHawks Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    To get the good fats from the meat, eggs and cheese go with grass fed raw(dairy) whenever you can find it. I can get grass fed beef at my local super target, and Publix (had to look hard or ask to find them). Get free roaming eggs for the best omega's, free range is next best. "Exotic" meats are more often wild and are better. Try to stay away from any farm raised fish or atlantic fish. Wild caught Pacific Salmon is great but I limit to once a week or less because of mercury. Cod, flounder and Mahi are also real good, watch for farm raised, avoid those. Sardines are also very good, they taste a lot like tuna, but much less mercury in them, I prefer the taste of the ones packed in Olive oil.