How often to do you weigh yourself?

Options
I'm seeing a lot of great success and it seems people are weighing in quite a bit....how often do you weigh?

Replies

• JennChamb
    JennChamb Posts: 55
    Options
    Once a week. But I try not to get too into just weight. I do measurements as well.
  • anaquay
    anaquay Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I weight whenever I remember to, which is usually every 3 or 4 weeks. I prefer to go by the tape measure. I've lost an inch off my waist in the last couple of weeks but the scales haven't moved.
  • turkeyhunter60
    turkeyhunter60 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    about every other days, but officially record once a week
  • MsMargie1116
    MsMargie1116 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Once a week... though some times I admit, I DO want to weigh in during that week, but I don't. When I do, I end up getting discouraged...
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Mornings when I get up, and then before bed. It's what I need to do to keep myself on track. Many would disagree, but it's got to be what works for you and your brain as you make this journey your own!!
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I smashed my scale and stop weighing it was dragging me down so now I just do measurements
  • Italianyc84
    Italianyc84 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    In the morning and then before bed. I like to see how the weight fluctuates, it actually KEEPS me from getting discouraged.
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    I log every week, but I do weigh myself every day.
  • Celestialfairie
    Options
    Every time I'm near a scale, just about. So yes, two to three times a day, if not more. At this point I just do it out of curiosity for some things more than anything. Though I do care what it says every morning. It never upsets me but it helps me see trends based on what I ate the day before. I don't log with each change, though; I like to see if it'll stick around for a while. Generally I log once a week, if not less frequently.
  • __Jamie__
    __Jamie__ Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, I occasionally miss a day just because I forget, but on the whole I'm pretty consistent with it. It records on here automatically so all I have to do is stand on the scales :) Because I use the WiThings scale, I have a graph of all my weigh-ins & being able to see how much weight CAN fluctuate + or - 2lbs day to day reminds me that its normal, but I usually go up 1lb, down 2, up 1, down 2, which I'm more than happy about :D

Sometimes I do it first thing in the morning AND last thing at night, just so I can see what's happened to me overnight haha
  • RotterdamNL
    RotterdamNL Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Once a month and the tape measure once a week
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    When I'm keeping track, I weigh every day or every other day. Some days I'm retaining water, and if I only weigh in one day a week, I can come up a couple pounds heavier or lighter depending on what I ate the previous day.
  • Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I weight myself "offically' every wed but I take a sneaky peak every other day or so..I also measure once a week
  • Angela123Go
    Options
    I weigh and record the results once a week, but I must admit I actually check in with the scale every morning.
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I avoid it as much as possible
  • Tomhoffman84
    Options
    Morning & Night, only log when I record a full lb drop two mornings in a row.

Like most who do the same, its a combination of curiosity, motivation, and accountability for me. Its important to find what works for you though, perhaps try a period of daily weighing and a period of weekly weighing, see which one works better.
  • donna_l_49
    donna_l_49 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Every morning when I get up.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    When im on track i weigh daily. When i jump ship I'll wait to weigh till I've been on track for a week.
  • grdaze
    grdaze Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    first thing in the morning after waking up and using the washroom :)

Also randomly throughout the day. I now know that my heaviest is around 4pm and my lightest is first thing in the morning. Sometimes I do it right before bed and then I know whether the scale will go down in the morning or not.

I used to log weight loss about once a week but since I'm doing the 30 day shred, I'm waiting until that's all over before I log in the loss.

I use a tape measure once a month.
  • bobf279
    bobf279 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Official weigh in is every sunday morning when I record the results. On other days I weigh before I exercise and after just to see how much difference there is