This is what it means to be HELD...

Options
I was heading to work this morning and as I was driving I was praying for my family and all my friends here on MFP. As I prayed the Lord flashed this song into my head. Again as i drove home this afternoon the Lord did the same. The song is Held by Natalie Grant. I posted it once long before. I don't know who out there needs this today but I am not one to refuse what God puts on my heart to do. Here are the lyrics and a link to it on youtube.

Two months is too little
They let him go
They had no sudden healing
To think that providence
Would take a child from his mother
While she prays, is appalling
Who told us we'd be rescued
What has changed and
Why should we be saved from nightmares
Were asking why this happens to us
Who have died to live, it's unfair
This is what it means to be held
How it feels, when the sacred is torn from your life
And you survive
This is what it is to be loved and to know
That the promise was that when everything fell
We'd be held
This hand is bitterness
We want to taste it and
Let the hatred numb our sorrows
The wise hand opens slowly
To lilies of the valley and tomorrow
And you survive
We'd be held
If hope if born of suffering
If this is only the beginning
Can we not wait, for one hour
Watching for our savior
And you survive
We'd be held

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOufqWodFNo&feature=related

I think I would share this message to... God always has us. It doesn't matter if we lose everything in life or just gain 2 pounds. Whatever it is God has us. He loves us. When my daughter Katy died I shoved a bottle of booze up to my head and tried to drink my brains out. But God pulled me out of that bottle and if you will trust Him, He will pull you out to. He has a plan. Does it mean we have to like it? Nope. But His will be done and He knows better than us. So whatever has happened, pick yourself up and trust in Him. You are a warrior, not a quitter, and I am proud of you. I love you and I have faith in you.

Blessings,
Ed

Replies

• funfor5
    funfor5 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ed!! That was beautiful and SO True! Give the God the Glory in everything, whether good or bad!

Gods Blessings on your day! Thanks for blessing mine!

Melissa
  • sbarham
    sbarham Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks you so much!!!! I heard it on the radio today in my car while I was out on break, and it hit me a little different than it has before. I'm going through a rough time and God really spoke to me through it. I needed to hear it. Thanks again!
  • MzMolly
    MzMolly Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Ed,
    Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts and for the prayers. I am so very sorry you lost a child but you are right, He has a plan. We may not like it or even understand it but we must ALWAYS trust in Him and live our lives to honor and serve him. It makes me feel so good to know you and others are out there supporting me and praying for me. This is the best part of my journey, the new friends I have met on MFP and the support and encouragement you all offer.
    I have never met you Ed but I love you as a friend and brother in Christ.

Thanks for being you!

Molly
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love that song. It came out not too long after a really rough time in my life and I still can't hear it without crying.

Rough day here today. Over stupid, petty stuff that is by no stretch of the imagination a tragedy... but thanks for the reminder God is there through it all.
  • marlenia
    marlenia Posts: 33
    Options
    Thank you for being obedient to God! I pray that he blesses you in return! :D:smile:
  • mjolly3
    mjolly3 Posts: 5
    Options
    WOW i feel dumber for having read that
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    WOW i feel dumber for having read that

Then God didn't mean this post for you. But i still pray locve and blessings over you friend.
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Thank you for listening and doing the will of God! Bless you!
  • Renee973
    Renee973 Posts: 28
    Options
    Beautifully said, Ed. Thank you for posting this as it was just what I needed today. :)
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    LOVE this song!!!!!!!