It Works if You Work It

Options
This could go in success stories, but I wanted people who have questions about what is "healthy" to see it. I gave birth to my son and weighed about 225, then I started MFP at 182. I'm now down to 130ish and pretty happy. But besides weight, let's look at important numbers!

Had a physical last week and here are my numbers:
Total Cholesterol: 157
Triglycerides: 41
HDL (good cholesterol) :79
LDL (bad cholesterol) :70
Blood Sugar 75

Now, if you ask me, that's pretty good! My doc said I was very healthy :)

What I want to say is this though....for those of you who have questions about how you lose weight, and how you get healthy and yadda yadda, I'd tell you to take a look at my diary. I still eat what I want. I have chocolate, every day. I have snacks, I have candy, I eat pizza if i want it. I try to hit my macros (some days better than others). I don't believe there are any "bad foods." I have been eating pop tart ice cream sandwiches (thank you MFP for that idea, YUM) and I am very healthy. That means I hopefully will be around to enjoy life with my son, and not have a fear of food. So for the newbie who is wondering what food you have to cut out or the best way to net 1000 calories, don't. Look at it as a new and sustainable way to do things, not something to make you miserable so you can look ok in a bikini.

Ok that's all I got.

P.S. seriously I love chocolate

Replies

• Brizoeller
    Brizoeller Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    How do posts that ask if you want to "lick, bite, hump, or kick" get so many replies, but important ones don't lol. Makes me laugh
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Sometimes things get hectic around here - it can take a bit for the serious threads to filter upwards to the top of the page. Don't worry

And yes, the idea of eating what you like within reason is a great one! It's how I've lost my weight and am continuing to lose my weight.

Congrats on your numbers, too! That's a damn awesome sign of health and that you're doing it right!
  • Resa52
    Resa52 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Great job on those numbers and your success!