Jillian Michael's Detox & Cleanse drink

Options
have anyone tried Jillian Michael's Detox & Cleanse drink ?
did it work? what exactly does it do?

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Mostly it empties your wallet.
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options
    have anyone tried Jillian Michael's Detox & Cleanse drink ?
    did it work? what exactly does it do?

It wastes your money and nothing else. You don't need to detox, your body does this naturally.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Jillian didn't get her body through detoxing and cleansing. She got it through hard physical work and a well adhered to diet. Build from that.
  • princess_goal
    princess_goal Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    well its the drink not the capsules...
    dandelion root tea, lemon juice and cranberry juice + water.. not not really a lot of $$$...
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    I've made it and it makes nice flavoured water when cold - horrible when warm.

Didn't make any difference to how I felt etc - I just wanted to change up my water. If it does detox and cleanse then I must have no toxins at all as I felt no change. :laugh:
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Jillian didn't get her body through detoxing and cleansing. She got it through hard physical work and a well adhered to diet. Build from that.

Repeating this. Hard work, a good diet, and time will get you the results you want.
  • royallv
    royallv Posts: 84 Member
    Options

Totally agree here. Hard work and watching what you put in your mouth is going to do it. Water and lemon juice helps to detox, if that is what you are thinking.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    hard work and diet, very simple.

If you see "detox" it's hooey.
  • princess_goal
    Options
    thanks for all the reply...
    even if I didnt ask if it burns fat...!
    I am refering to it as a cleanse not a fat burner!
    but thanks.

I am not looking for a mirical solution.
    I am doing her 90days body revolution!

Good Luck Y'all
  • katie1286
    katie1286 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I actually just started this yesterday. I read a lot of reviews before starting - some that said it helped flush out water weight and they felt great, others that said it did almost nothing.

I figured it can't really hurt - I mean, it's water, tea, cranberry juice, and lemon. I discovered that I think it tastes really good. I don't anticipate huge results, as I already drink a TON of water, but again, what could it hurt?

I'm testing this out now to see if I get good results, then I'll know if I should do it the week leading up to my wedding, just to lose a little bloat before the wedding (if it works).
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I checked the reviews online before buying this. They were all mediocre to bad. I couldn't justify spending the money on something like that. I am a big fan of both Jillian Michaels and Bob Harper, but was disappointed when they jumped on the supplement bandwagon and started pushing this junk.
  • princess_goal
    Options
    exactly what I was thinking, let me know how it turns out :) And congrats for the future wedding :)
  • princess_goal
    Options
    I am talking about the drink you make yourself and not the suppliments.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Can this be the final strike for Jillian? I hadn't even heard of her detox product until yesterday, and a quick google search turned up several lawsuits about "deadly combinations of ingredients". I don't know if the lawsuits have any merit, but I DO know that detoxes have zero merit, so spending any money on something with any amount of risk and no amount of positive effects seems like a bad idea.

Near as I can tell, Jillian has made a 100 million dollars selling fitness DVDs that aren't even close to the workouts she or the other women in them used to get in shape, stars on a TV program that has nothing I'd recommend to normal people trying to get in shape in a healthy sustainable manner, and now I find out she's selling a detox product when she of all people knows there is no such thing as 'detoxing' the body and that it won't help anyone lose weight.

When do people stop believing in her BS?
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

Can this be the final strike for Jillian? I hadn't even heard of her detox product until yesterday, and a quick google search turned up several lawsuits about "deadly combinations of ingredients". I don't know if the lawsuits have any merit, but I DO know that detoxes have zero merit, so spending any money on something with any amount of risk and not amount of positive effects seems like a bad idea.

Near as I can tell, Jillian has made a 100 million dollars selling advertising DVDs that aren't even close to the workouts she or the other women in them used to get in shape, stars on a TV program that has nothing to recommend to normal people trying to get in shape in a healthy sustainable manner, and now I find out she's selling a detox product when she of all people knows there is no such thing as 'detoxing' the body and that it won't help anyone lose weight.

Good question.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Can this be the final strike for Jillian? I hadn't even heard of her detox product until yesterday, and a quick google search turned up several lawsuits about "deadly combinations of ingredients". I don't know if the lawsuits have any merit, but I DO know that detoxes have zero merit, so spending any money on something with any amount of risk and not amount of positive effects seems like a bad idea.

Near as I can tell, Jillian has made a 100 million dollars selling advertising DVDs that aren't even close to the workouts she or the other women in them used to get in shape, stars on a TV program that has nothing to recommend to normal people trying to get in shape in a healthy sustainable manner, and now I find out she's selling a detox product when she of all people knows there is no such thing as 'detoxing' the body and that it won't help anyone lose weight.

I was thinking the same. I wish I could say I'm surprised to see her selling detox stuff.

OP it sounds like a mild diuretic. It's probably not going to hurt, but it's not going to "detox" anything.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the reply...
    even if I didnt ask if it burns fat...!
    I am refering to it as a cleanse not a fat burner!
    there's no such thing as a cleanse. ironically, you'd have better luck with a fat burner. at least burning fat is a real concept
    exactly what I was thinking, let me know how it turns out :) And congrats for the future wedding :)

so, no matter how many people tell you it's a waste of time and money, won't do anything at all, is possibly dangerous, and No Such Thing as a Cleanse exists, you're set on going forward anyway. Got it.
    I am talking about the drink you make yourself and not the suppliments.

Oh, why didn't you just say so. You're talking about the drink, not the supps. Okay, let me amend my answer.

THIS PRODUCT IS GARBAGE AND NEITHER THE DRINK NOR SUPPLEMENTS WILL WORK FOR YOU BECAUSE THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A CLEANSE OR A DETOX.

Can you hear me now? I doubt it, but hopefully the 400 lurkers that are reading your thread can hear me and a few of them will have the sense not to waste their time or money.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    This is one of those "Tell me what I'd like to hear and not what you think. Thanks." threads.
  • SuperAmie
    SuperAmie Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    well its the drink not the capsules...
    dandelion root tea, lemon juice and cranberry juice + water.. not not really a lot of $$$...

DOnt depend on it but deff add it to your already clean eating... make sure the lemon juice is fresh and the cran has no sugar... will help your insides.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Save your money, hunger, & stress on your body. If you have functioning organs you don't need to "cleanse" anything. There is ZERO scientific data to back up any cleanse, period.