Replies

• gerirojas
    gerirojas Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Never, I go by how my skinny jeans fit and how my exercise pants feel
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I may weigh myself once or twice a year........ I just look in the Mirror or go by the way my clothes are fitting
  • rmbaker
    rmbaker Posts: 7
    Options
    every day! i need to stop.. it's not helping. i need to start doing it once a week/weeks or once a month to see my progress.
  • JGainingHealth
    JGainingHealth Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I maybe weigh myself once every other month, if that. I go by how I look and how I fit in my clothes. But I'm not actively trying to lose weight, just trying to maintain and stay healthy. If you are going to use a scale, I'd recommend not weighing in any more than once every 4 days or so. There are way too many things that can cause the number to fluctuate and discourage you.
  • KateCon912
    KateCon912 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    In the morning as soon as I wake up, then again before bed. It really keeps me on track and aware of the changes in my body. I know some people are against it, but I don't see how it's so bad.
  • kaperlinger
    kaperlinger Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Every morning. I only record once a week though.
  • hdrussell
    hdrussell Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I Try to every morning before I eat, after bathroom time. :o) It keeps me on track. when you eat horrible and see the results, you know exactly what did it. And it's better than weighing in a week later and discovering you've gained like 4 lbs..
  • MrsTorresisBACK
    MrsTorresisBACK Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Everymorning when i wake up...Keeps me on track for the day.
  • michaelfournier
    Options
    I weigh in every morning, but only record on Monday mornings. Not sure how often I'll measure, since I just started. I would hate to see numbers that aren't encouraging, so I'm probably going to measure every other week.
  • aarikadanielle
    Options
    I personally hate the scale!!! But I do official weigh in's every two weeks! And measurements every 4 weeks.
  • MsKeelah919
    MsKeelah919 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Daily. (multiple times) I record it on Mondays!
  • Wanderson1311
    Wanderson1311 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday just because it keeps me on track... But I record only about once a week.
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Once a week, every Monday morning :)
  • tomg33
    tomg33 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Most days, after waking, then I average it out over the week. This helps to eliminate some of the jitter that occurs due to weight fluctuations. Actually even on a weekly time scale funny stuff happens, such as losing no weight one week then twice as much the next week.

It's really just for my amusement and motivation. Since I track everything I eat and I know that I am in a caloric deficit, I know that I am consistently losing weight over time and I don't need to worry at all about what the scale says.
  • funsteps
    funsteps Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Pretty much every morning. I write it down. I weigh at night sometimes as well, just out of sheer curiosity, but I don't track that. I'm torn about whether to cut back on it or not... I'm still in the early stages with a lot of weight to lose so most days I do see a loss and it's very motivating! But other days I see a gain, and as much as I know it's probably water retention and not actual weight gain, it bums me out to see the number go up after a few days of it going down :(
  • SlimDown4Good
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning at 6:30 - keeps me accountable and on track.
  • CariS001
    CariS001 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I am far too much a slave to the scale. I usually step on every few days. It records automatically, so that helps restrict me from doing it more. I would love to get to the point where I weigh in every 2 weeks or every month.
  • spirytwynd
    spirytwynd Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I tend to weigh daily in the morning after I get up and use the latrine. I sometimes weigh in the evening after my workout, just out of curiosity. I am generally not pleased to see the number bounce up, but it keeps me mindful of what I am doing and it hasn't become discouraging yet. I actually lost a noticeable amount of weight before I got on this program. This is helping me follow through to reach my goal. I am close to my intermediate goal. The final goal is another ten pounds after that. I haven't done the other measurements, though I probably should have been. I have noticed the jeans are getting loose around the waist. And I think it might be significant that the spandex shorts are starting to look baggy and loose as well. Whether you weigh, measure or track your progress some other way, keep it up! What you are doing is making a difference in your life - even when you hit a plateau for a bit.
  • happyandhealthy65
    Options
    I've only been on here 10 days and have pretty much stayed on track with food and exercise, but I'm too scared to weigh myself. I know if I don't see a downward change then I'll get discouraged. So I think I will only weigh myself once a fortnight and take other measurements as well.

If I'm sticking to my food and exercise plan then surely I'm heading in the right direction.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I'm not looking to lose weight so I weigh myself out of curiosity maybe once a month. How clothing fits is the best judge of weight loss IMO.