BOSTON? Anyone?

Options
Anyone on here from Boston? I have to travel up there April 18-19 and I haven't been since I was kid. Any recommendations as to decent Hotels and places to eat?

Im all ears!

Replies

• sebshaw8
    sebshaw8 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Lots of good whole wheat pizza places in the Boston area. I like Stone Hearth Pizza and Penguin Pizza.
  • TabbathaAnne
    TabbathaAnne Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Id say hit up Fanueil Hall for sure. Get some fresh seafood while you're here too! Mmmm... My mom likes Legal Seafoods. :)
  • MRincrediBURN
    Options
    Lots of good whole wheat pizza places in the Boston area. I like Stone Hearth Pizza and Penguin Pizza.

Thanks!
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    It's been about 8 years, but I LOVED Boston Park Plaza. It was central to everything.

I love Boston. It's my favorite city.
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    Gotta check out Mead Hall when you are there. One of the best beer joints I have been to in a while. They have a great selection of stuff that you just can't find anywhere else.
  • jannym909
    Options
    You can't go wrong in the North End for excellent Italian food. Il Vilaggio is a favorite. Very small so if you don't mind literally rubbing elbows with your neighbor the food will make up for it. Cafe Vittoria on Hanover for cappuccino and Sambucca with a cannoli for dessert to top off the meal. Then a brisk walk in the morning to work off the extra calories! Have fun, love Boston in the spring. April 19th, the original Patriot's Day.
  • HealthyNurseK
    HealthyNurseK Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    The Beehive is a great place for a cocktail(http://www.beehiveboston.com/) and you can have dinner right across the street at The Butcher Shop (thebutchershopboston.com).

If you do book a room at the Park Plaza, be careful which part of the hotel your room is in - part of the hotel was updated and part was not, so the older sections can seem dated and raggedy.

I've heard good reviews of the Liberty Hotel but have never stayed there. It's a former jail-turned-hotel - you can have dinner or drinks in their restaurant Clink (former cell block).

It's the perfect city to walk around because it's so small and has so much to offer if you take advantage of wandering around. Enjoy!