supportive and motivating friends

Options
Hi, my name is Leanne, I'm a wife and sham of 3. looking for some new friends.
I'm 5'7" and 208 my goal is 150.

Replies

• jshemingway1008
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jen. I too, need motivation and someone to talk to. I am 23 years old and am trying to lose just about 70 pounds before the new year. I am short and stout, about 5'3. I have been yo-yoing for over 5 years. I never seem to hold the motivation to lose the weight, until today that is. When I stepped on the scale, my body nearly dropped. But the horrifying shock of my actual weight is what has motivated me to change. My family has a history of health conditions; diabetes, obesity, heart attacks and a stroke due to weight issues. I don't want to end up like any of them, I am too young to feel this way. I struggled with weight all my life because I was raised by parents who would negatively comment on how I looked, it took a toll on my psychologically and I think that's why I became an emotional eater. I never though of the positive things, and constantly ate my sorrow away. During high school, I was average, a size 6 about 130 pounds and happy. But I starved myself at times, only ate a granola bar or a caesar wrap and was always moving from school to work, a long 12 hour day for a student, but the weight was falling off. Then, I gained the freshman 40 after hitting college, no one to tell me what to do or what to eat, I spent a lot of money on college cafe food, great to eat! But now I regret it. I have never been able to wear a bathing suit with pride, I even hide myself from my boyfriend, I won't let him see me undress or shower, I fear that if I keep this up, I might lose him due to my self conscious ways. I have decided it's time, I will be 24 in 4 months and I want to feel the way I did 5 years ago, before college. My only problem is the drive, I always tell myself that today is the day, but I never make it past tomorrow because I get emotionally involved and eat my way through a problem. But no more, today I fix my life and I will feel sexy and beautiful and strong. I wish you the best, I would love to chat, maybe share some diet tips or recipes.
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    HI! im Sam 27 I have 2 kids and my goal weight is 116 feel free to add me!!
  • cherylatkwechanged
    cherylatkwechanged Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Add me if u like