Jalapenos

Options
kris2600
kris2600 Posts: 149
Does anybody have good healthy recipes with jalapenos? I have just discovered how delicious they are!!

Replies

• marzenka012192
    Options
    add them to any sandwich or salad! mmmmmmmmmmm
  • Jes21sica
    Jes21sica Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I posted this a while back. I brought them to a bbq and everyone loved them!!! They are soooo good, It's like a healthier Jalapeno Popper.

Grilled Stuffed Jalapeño Chilis

4 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
    2 oz. soft goat cheese
    1 1/4 cups shredded white cheddar cheese
    2 green onions (green and pale-green part), thinly sliced
    Salt and black pepper
    12 large jalapeño chilis, halved lengthwise, stemmed and seeded
    1 heaping Tbsp ancho chili powder

1. Heat grill to medium.

2. Whisk together the cream cheese and goat cheese in a medium bowl until smooth. Fold in the cheddar and green onions; season with salt and pepper. Fill each jalapeño half with about 2 Tbsp of the mixture; sprinkle the top with ancho powder.

3. Place chilis on the grill, filling-side-up, and cook until slightly charred and tender, about 8 to 10 minutes. Spoon the Grilled Red Pepper–Tomato Sauce onto a platter and top with the jalapeños.

Serves 6. Per serving with sauce: 150 calories, 5g carbs, 5g protein, 25mg cholesterol, and 13g fat.

Bobby Flay's Top 8 Grilling Tools

Grilled Red Pepper–Tomato Sauce

1 large red pepper, grilled, peeled, and chopped
    4 plum tomatoes, grilled and charred on all sides, chopped
    2 cloves garlic, chopped
    2 Tbsp red-wine vinegar
    1 Tbsp honey
    1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
    1/4 cup olive oil
    Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Combine the red pepper, tomatoes, garlic, vinegar, honey, and cilantro in a food processor; process until smooth. With the motor running, slowly add oil and season with salt and pepper.
  • kris2600
    kris2600 Posts: 149
    Options
    Sounds AMAZING!!
  • leakewh
    leakewh Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Eat 'em straight up....
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Slice pepper length wise, remove seeds and hot vein inside the pepper, fill pepper with peanut butter and sever.
    Had this at a party years ago and kept asking the host for the recipe, she told me several times, probably thought I was
    buzzed or stupid. Just couldn't believe that it was just peanut butter in them. Goes great with football.
  • KristyO
    KristyO Posts: 126
    Options
    Slice pepper length wise, remove seeds and hot vein inside the pepper, fill pepper with peanut butter and sever.
    Had this at a party years ago and kept asking the host for the recipe, she told me several times, probably thought I was
    buzzed or stupid. Just couldn't believe that it was just peanut butter in them. Goes great with football.

I like the part about being "buzzed or stupid"....if I had a nickel...:drinker: