Eat more, lose weight YES!

Options
2»

Replies

• JennKoz529
    JennKoz529 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    So I have done nothing all day but research this EM2WL stuff. I am still very skeptical over all this because what I've found, in the past, is that the more I eat the more I gain....

I amd 5'2 137 and holding steady for about a month now and it's starting to frustrate me. I have been doing the 30 day shred, have seen some inches come off, but the scale is just not moving at all!

So I calculated my TDEE/BMR/TDEE -20% and here is what I came up with......

TDEE - 1540
    TDEE - 20% - 1230
    BMR - 1283

So after seeing this I'm basically stuck around a 1200 cal diet! Am I doing this right????
  • literatelier
    literatelier Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    So I have done nothing all day but research this EM2WL stuff. I am still very skeptical over all this because what I've found, in the past, is that the more I eat the more I gain....

I amd 5'2 137 and holding steady for about a month now and it's starting to frustrate me. I have been doing the 30 day shred, have seen some inches come off, but the scale is just not moving at all!

So I calculated my TDEE/BMR/TDEE -20% and here is what I came up with......

TDEE - 1540
    TDEE - 20% - 1230
    BMR - 1283

So after seeing this I'm basically stuck around a 1200 cal diet! Am I doing this right????

Which online calculator did you use? I put your stats into a few different ones and I'm getting an average of about 1390 for BMR.
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Ohh if I could also get someone's advice, that would be fabulous! This is what I've calculated using http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/...

BMR: 1397
    TDEE: 2166
    TDEE with 20% reduction: 1732

I am about 5'3" and have been steady at 130 for the past month. I thought it might be because I had good and bad days that all evened out, but maybe my calorie intake is the problem for my plateau? I am currently eating 1300 and I just recently started Insanity, which I accounted for in the above calculation as "moderate exercise". According to this, should I be eating around 1700 calories to see a loss?
  • JennKoz529
    Options
    Scoobysworkshop.com is what I used. I was reading a few posts and saw this one.
  • JennKoz529
    Options

I am about 5'3" and have been steady at 130 for the past month. I thought it might be because I had good and bad days that all evened out, but maybe my calorie intake is the problem for my plateau? I am currently eating 1300 and I just recently started Insanity, which I accounted for in the above calculation as "moderate exercise". According to this, should I be eating around 1700 calories to see a loss?

This is exactly what I've been going through too! I am currently eating around 1200 (trying not to go under) and I've plateaued! I thought maybe exercising would boost it up as it has done in the past....but nothing!!!
  • jharb2
    jharb2 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    The 1200 is net. So it sounds like you were eating 1200 and excercising and not eating your excercise calories. So perhaps thats why you didn't lose?
  • bella19741974
    Options
    I just lose 6 pounds so far, I weigh 165lbs but im still fat
  • fromnebraska
    fromnebraska Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Bump.

Is this true? lol I'd love to eat more food!
  • bella19741974
    Options
    can anyone help me out
  • bella19741974
    Options
    hi jenn
    how u lose weight like that... what u eat.... what excerise u do to lose weight..... email me here?
    thx