"1/2Year Resolution starts July 1st

Options
I have a challenge for us all.
Everyone know about New Year's Resolutions, we make them, we break them before the end of the year. Well My Challenge for all us is to a July 1st or what I like to call the "1/2 Year Resoluion."

Starting July 1st we get a do over, to be healthier, wealthier, happier, volunteer more, maybe just say No when people ask you for things you don't have time to commit to doing. So think about the challenge and everyone can tell us their resolution and how they plan to achieve it.

Replies

• SuzanneRogers
    SuzanneRogers Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I plan on working out at least 4 days a week 30 minutes at day. I really hope I can do 45 mins a day 5 days a week, but with 3 kids at home it is a hit or miss. I put my workout on my calender just schedule it alike all my other appts on my calender.
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    this is great....I have always done well about 3 mos out of any given year...but have wanted to expand that to six mos in hopes of eventually making it a year! But really, it is about a **lifetime** of balance...one day at a time. I need to think about my 'resolution', so will be back with one!
  • Amylynn
    Amylynn Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm super with you on that. I have been so up & down since the beginning of the year. I'm really sick of it. I want to stick w/my goals & I think looking at a 1/2 year instead of a whole one makes it seem more obtainable.
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I'M IN!! Definitely need to think about my half year resolution so I'll also get back to you :-)
  • kelly_a
    Options
    Ok......I am currently doing C25K and on W5D2 (tomorrow). I am going to challenge myself to jog and complete a 5K this Fall. I was not in any sports in HS, and started exercising ( aerobically ) when I was 36....that was 8 yrs ago! I am learning to make exercise consistent...and to push myself. I do a walk/jog on my off C25K days, trying to keep the momentum.....and I think that has helped a lot.

I currently eat clean and something else I want to work on is *cooking and baking* 'clean'. I have a couple Clean Eating magazines, so I just need to start trying some of the recipes.

I would love to be near or at my maintenance wt by 12.31.11 of 160 lbs. I plan on keeping with MFP, logging my food and exercise. Along with that...planning, prioritizing ME, and being committed, I will do this!

Yay! I'm excited!
  • SuzanneRogers
    Options
    I'm super with you on that. I have been so up & down since the beginning of the year. I'm really sick of it. I want to stick w/my goals & I think looking at a 1/2 year instead of a whole one makes it seem more obtainable.

Amy we can do this together. Yeah, we have a group of people to help support us and make us accountable. That is the best motivation.
  • SuzanneRogers
    Options
    Ok......I am currently doing C25K and on W5D2 (tomorrow). I am going to challenge myself to jog and complete a 5K this Fall. I was not in any sports in HS, and started exercising ( aerobically ) when I was 36....that was 8 yrs ago! I am learning to make exercise consistent...and to push myself. I do a walk/jog on my off C25K days, trying to keep the momentum.....and I think that has helped a lot.

I currently eat clean and something else I want to work on is *cooking and baking* 'clean'. I have a couple Clean Eating magazines, so I just need to start trying some of the recipes.

I would love to be near or at my maintenance wt by 12.31.11 of 160 lbs. I plan on keeping with MFP, logging my food and exercise. Along with that...planning, prioritizing ME, and being committed, I will do this!

Yay! I'm excited!

Kelly, you seemed to be doing great.

I would love to C25K, I tried but I found pushing 75 pounds of twins and stroller up and down our rolling hills in our neighborhood next to impossible. My hubby travels so I hav eno time during hte day without kids. So Instead I'm working out at home each day during naps using Brazil Butt Lift, 30 day Shred, Elliptical. I'my starting TurboJam and Shakeology next week I'm waiting for them to arrive July 1st, just in time for our Resolution Start.
  • Starr1305
    Starr1305 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started that last month. I think that it is always a good idea to keep goals in mind. My first goal was to lose 5 lbs before i went to the beach at the end of july. Well i met that goal. Now I want to try to lose 5 more before then. The only problem is that lately I have had no motivation. I play soccer once a week, but then i Benge the next day. I need support in staying consistant and my husband is no help. I love him, but he just keeps telling me that he loves me the way that i am. But i don't!!! can you help me stay motivated?
  • kelly_a
    Options
    Kelly, you seemed to be doing great.

I would love to C25K, I tried but I found pushing 75 pounds of twins and stroller up and down our rolling hills in our neighborhood next to impossible. My hubby travels so I hav eno time during hte day without kids. So Instead I'm working out at home each day during naps using Brazil Butt Lift, 30 day Shred, Elliptical. I'my starting TurboJam and Shakeology next week I'm waiting for them to arrive July 1st, just in time for our Resolution Start.

wow, that is a great workout with those twins! Looks like you have a solid plan for working out at home. I have JM 30 day Shred as well....have never finished it. A nice workout in a short amount of time. Really gets heart rate going!
  • kelly_a
    Options
    I started that last month. I think that it is always a good idea to keep goals in mind. My first goal was to lose 5 lbs before i went to the beach at the end of july. Well i met that goal. Now I want to try to lose 5 more before then. The only problem is that lately I have had no motivation. I play soccer once a week, but then i Benge the next day. I need support in staying consistant and my husband is no help. I love him, but he just keeps telling me that he loves me the way that i am. But i don't!!! can you help me stay motivated?

I totally understand you....My dh and two sons 20 & 18 have no desire to change anything.....health wise! God forbid take away their oatmeal cream pies, party potatoes, BBQ pork! I finally decided I had to do this for myself even if it meant nobody else in my family was going to. Tonite I grilled brats and reheated some leftover baked beans for them. I had a turkey burger and chopped veggies in EVOO. Planning and prepping meals ahead of time has been key for me. Tell your husband how much this means to you..and ask him to support you, no matter what. I'll help keep you motivated if I can! We're all here for you!
  • kelly_a
    Options
    I would love to be near or at my maintenance wt by 12.31.11 of 160 lbs.

oops :wink: *** 12.31.10 ***
  • SuzanneRogers
    Options

My husband doesn't have time to workout anymore, he used to run everyday and was in the Army. Hopefully when he get a new job he will take better care of himself.

I learned to workout to make myself feel better, great stress relief, great mood lifter the weight lose and better fitting clothes are just a bonus for my hard work. If I focus on the scale I lose motivation, but muscle weighs more and the scale will go up at times even though you are getting leaner and smaller. Keeping healthy snacks like fresh fruit and veggies around it always a good start, reach for carrots or broccoli when the urge to nibble hits you, even fat free popcorn is ok. Try to get something with fiber to fill you up until your next meal so you don't binge. drink a lot of water. I carry water with me everywhere, in the car to run errands, add special K protein flavors to the water only has 5 calories.

We are here to support each other, especially when our families don't see how important it is to us to have a healthier lifestyle. Once they see you looking a feeling better maybe they will change their minds and give your way a try, we can hope.

Don't give up, come here for support.
  • Starr1305
    Starr1305 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks. It's glad to know that there are people out there with the same problem that I have.
  • SuzanneRogers
    Options
    DAY 1: What are you doing/ and or have done today?
  • SuzanneRogers
    Options
    Day1: 30 minutes doing Brazil Butt Lift "Cardio Axe" burned 356 calories added wrist weights today.
  • princesspurple
    Options
    I am in! I want to lose the 15 pounds...
    today i weighed in at 139.5........my first goal is 134.5 by the end of the month
    Day 1.......I did Insanity Cardio Power and Cardio Abs
  • SuzanneRogers
    Options
    I am in! I want to lose the 15 pounds...
    today i weighed in at 139.5........my first goal is 134.5 by the end of the month
    Day 1.......I did Insanity Cardio Power and Cardio Abs

Welcome
    How do you like Insanity? I'm a Beach Body Coach but haven't tried it yet.

Keep up the good work.
  • cricket12
    cricket12 Posts: 5
    Options
    I am IN! I just joined today and I need something to be my motivation!! My daughter's first birthday is Dec. 1. I would love to be 20-30 lbs or more lighter on her birthday so when I look back at pictures I don't think "Holy Cow I was huge!"
    Resolutions:
    ~Work out AT LEAST 3 times a week for 45 minutes! 6AM!
    ~Lose 25 lbs by December 31, 2010.
    ~Drink water everyday all day!
  • SuzanneRogers
    Options
    I am IN! I just joined today and I need something to be my motivation!! My daughter's first birthday is Dec. 1. I would love to be 20-30 lbs or more lighter on her birthday so when I look back at pictures I don't think "Holy Cow I was huge!"
    Resolutions:
    ~Work out AT LEAST 3 times a week for 45 minutes! 6AM!
    ~Lose 25 lbs by December 31, 2010.
    ~Drink water everyday all day!

You can do just take it one a day a time. You may would to try a customized goal setting to jump start you weight lose. This will help you lose the first 10 quicker. Carb 40%, Protein 30%, Fat 30%. Drink at least 64oz of water day. Try not to eat after 8pm.

These are the things I did to lose the weight after having my twins.
  • melodieRN
    melodieRN Posts: 49
    Options
    I'm in I just started last saturday and doing the clean eating lifestyle. I also joined a fitness club open 24 hours so no excuses not to work out. The game plan is about 4 days a week 60-90 minutes each. Day 4 will be complete in the morning when I get off work(i'm a night shifter). My goal is listed below got big vacation in march and would love to be fit by then.