Which scale do you think is more accurate?

Options
Balance scale or a weight scale?

I prefer a balance scale because I can adjust it more accurately then say a normal weight scale where it's always flip flopping and won't stay at the number when measured for more then once at multiple times of measurement.

Replies

• cardioking5
    Options
    I have a simple electronic "Taylor" i got at Target cause thats the one they used on "I Used To Be Fat." Kinda dorky on my part.
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I kinda like the electronic scales too since you can set it to zero. Although my husband jokingly asked me the other day why I even bothered since I'm going to have 3 - 4 bowls of cereal anyway :-/
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    My personal scale, if one must call it that, is an Omron Body Composition Monitor HBF-514C.
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I have the Eat Smart Precision scale and I absolutely love it.
  • sunnyhlw77
    sunnyhlw77 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Good question! I'd like to know the answer. We have two different ones by different companies, I can't remember the brands off the top of my head, but they both give me different readings. Here's my question, how does one weigh themselves correctly? I thought the batteries in my scale were crapping out so I replaced them and its changes its results in a matter of seconds/minutes (I'll step on, it'll say 229 then I get off and back on and it'll say 234, then off and on again then it'll say 233 and so on -- all within 5 minutes) and so we bought a new scale because, but that one does the same. I know I should only get on it once but sometimes the number just doesn't seem right like it'll be WAY too low or it'll be crazy high.
  • Scott_2025
    Scott_2025 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I have an electronic scale I got at Kohl's. I think it is a taylor. I gave about $70 for it. It gives the same number over and over. I can step on and off 5 times and the result won't vary more than a tenth of a pound or two.

I have no idea if it is accurate, but if it isn't it is very consistently inaccurate. It does weigh me very close to what I weigh at the Dr.

It is supposed to be able to calculate BMI and a whole bunch of other stuff, but I never use those features.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I have an electric scale that I got at walmart for about $30. It has my weight pretty close to what I weigh when I go to the Dr. So far it has only been off by a couple pounds. It also tracks my bmi and has a progress bar on it, that shows me how close I am to my goal weight.
  • tiff375
    tiff375 Posts: 9
    Options
    Good question. I bought a "weight watchers" scale from Target and so far it's a waste of money!! Does anyone else have it? If so...maybe you can tell me what I'm doing wrong. I'm frustrated and would rather look for another one at this point. :-(

Thanks!!
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Good question. I bought a "weight watchers" scale from Target and so far it's a waste of money!! Does anyone else have it? If so...maybe you can tell me what I'm doing wrong. I'm frustrated and would rather look for another one at this point. :-(

Thanks!!

I bought a weight watchers scale from Bed Bath & Beyond, and it's pretty good; however, it does sometime get "stuck" at the same weight, but following the advice of fellow MFPers, I'll grab something heavy and step back on to make it reset.
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I have an electronic one from John Lewis - Salter. It is the one that I always use and it is a basic one. When I weigh in at the doctor their scales are four pounds higher but I don't mind because I use my scales as the guide and weigh myself at the same time every week.