who is 5'0 or less

Options
we shortys got to stick together lol but i do know how it feels with weight and being short. i swear that every lb i gained showed throughout the years. but guess what i made it a point to change that. i am 5'0 and was 178....today I am 5'0 and 105 and feeling great! IT IS POSSIBLE! DONT GIVE UP GUYS!

Replies

• thingeringer
    thingeringer Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I am! And started at 177, so very close to you, except I've just made it 130. You're an inspiration!
  • thefitfriend
    thefitfriend Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I AM! 5'0, started 154, now 103 :)
  • xbeth77x
    xbeth77x Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    4'11" here! Wow, you are an inspiration, andyb000!

How many calories do you guys aim for?
  • Camgage
    Camgage Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your post. I am 5'0 and started at 175 and looked it. I have lost 8 pounds so far and it is starting to show. Very excited. I will keep it up. My goal is 140.
  • kmccormick42
    kmccormick42 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You are right - it can be done! I am 5' even and this time last year, I weighed 165. I'm now at 112, size 6P and couldn't be happier with my weight (altho I definitely have some firming up to do). But it is possible and I didn't starve myself - just ate more sensibly and gave up junk food/fast food.
  • Camgage
    Camgage Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I aim for 1260 with tons of water. Little to no exercise for me. I have to work on that. Good Luck on your weight loss.
  • haleymbryant5413
    Options
    I am 4'10 and weigh 145.. goal is 110!!
    Hopefully I can get back to this!
  • mathteacher2010
    mathteacher2010 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am 4'9", and 59 years old. I started at 184, and currently am 156; my goal is 135. I am fighting for every pound! I am so much better off than I was a year ago, but I would like to lose the rest. Right now the pounds are not coming off, but I haven't given up yet!

:grumble:
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss. 5' and I weigh 102.0
  • here
    here Posts: 69
    Options
    Nice! I'm 5'1"! Goal is 20% body fat. I'm at 24% currently.
  • MadeInDR022
    MadeInDR022 Posts: 260
    Options
    I'm 5'0 and started at 191 =(
    Down to 175 now though and hoping to get down to 145! I'll consider how much lower I want to go once I hit my first goal
  • spaniel
    spaniel Posts: 468
    Options
    I am 5'2 and started at 210 lbs. Currently weigh 197. The dr. told me it was much harder for shorter people to lose weight because our bodies are so efficient!!!

I will NOT give up...
  • GAB219
    GAB219 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0 and started at 158, my goal for now is 135 and hopefully go from there. I'm starting slow, doing 1/2 lb loss a week and this is my 3rd week.
  • CrystalRenee2013
    CrystalRenee2013 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'8 & currently weigh 177.8
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    5'4 means I'm out .... Good Luck to all of you though!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I am 5 foot and a half. I am just starting my journey over again. I was doing well last year! I was losing quickly and feeling great, my libido even went up!! That brings us to why I am starting over now. I had a baby in Oct ;) I gained 60 pounds with him, so I am starting off now at 240. I am just naturally thick, so my goal is still very high at 170. However, at 170 I am smoking hot and feel great. I know I can keep the weight off and still live my life. Short girls rule \m/
  • vixen0babs
    vixen0babs Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    4'11" here! Wow, you are an inspiration, andyb000!

How many calories do you guys aim for?

I agree andyb - you are inspiration!!

I'm 5'0 and started out my weight loss journey at 170 (size 14) and am at 130 now (size 8) and my goal is 115-120 or a size 6. I aim for 1200 NET calories, but generally I eat between 1300-1500 calories when I am actively working out. I am a big fan of HIIT routines such as P90X and Insanity, plus med-high intensity interval running. I haven't noticed a huge change in my weight, but I know I am building muscle and shedding fat as I can SEE it in the mirror. The number on the scale is only ONE way of monitoring your progress. I wish I had taken measurements, but use my clothes as a gauge.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I am 5 ft also. I was 138 and looked pregnant. Damn apple shape body. I was down to 99, but I went on vacation and gained 5 lbs. :huh:

I look at this as a lifestyle change forever. I cheat, but then it is right back on the wagon. I never use the word diet....it has die in it. Friend me. I am on here everyday. As we all know, it is not easy, there is no magic pill, and sometimes it is hard.

Sunny
  • bajanrosa
    bajanrosa Posts: 23
    Options
    I'm 5'0 and I've been looking for the short ppl for ages! I'm the heaviest to reply to this forum I was 260 now I'm 244.6
  • shesquats
    shesquats Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 4' 11.5" and yes I count that half inch because I swear I used to be 5'! ;o) At my heaviest weight, but not pregnant, I weighed in at 130 lbs. At present I'm at 119 but was recently down to 116. I would love to burn down some of this body fat % to get to a better number!! :)