How well do BodyFit armbands work?

Options
Hi there, I purchased a BodyFit LINK armband last night since there is a sale for MyFitnessPal members...and after looking at some posts here that most everyone loves them...I'm excited to get this!

I have a few questions though..
- I tend to sweat a lot, even sometimes which just sitting at my desk...will that be a problem?
- is it necessary to wear it while sleeping? Do you wear it all day?
- do you get inaccurate readings if you move it around (like, say, you have an itch under it. :D)
- does it automatically sync to MyFitnessPal as exercise or do you have to input your findings...

Sorry for all the questions...but I'm hoping to get the maximum benefit of it.
Thanks so much! :D

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    1- not sure
    2- designed to be worn most of the day. I only take mine off to shower.
    3- designed to be accurate if worn on back of mid upper left arm.
    You can sync it to MFP so don't need to log exercise.

I must admit, it's not working for me but maybe I've just not got my deficit correct b
  • ctyler150
    ctyler150 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I love love mine!!
    1. sweating wont bother it! with my workouts I'm sometimes pretty drenched!lol eww:)
    2. sometimes i do sometimes I don't. I did it a couple times just so it got a good idea of how much i burn daily so if im not wearnig i think itll still kind of give an average. I think.
    3. I haven't noticed any inaccurate readings yet. Iv had it for a month. Some things I know add crazy steps for even driving if you have a rumbly car. Bodyfit doesn't.
    4. It does link automaticaly. sometimes I hit upload on my phone than check my mfp and itll add my extra cals burnt. I usually go on mfp and put my workout and minutes and 1 cal for a burn. Than when they link bodyfit has a space on there where it doesn't add minutes but your exercise calories for the day.

It took me a minute to get used to it. I suck with technology and sticking to things but I'm learning. I love it!
  • stampnstitch
    stampnstitch Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank so much for the information! This will help me alot. I'm really excited to use it. :D
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for the new wristband one that is coming out this spring. But I love seeing the positive comments about Bodyfit!
  • tracymat
    tracymat Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I purchased a BodyFit LINK armband last night since there is a sale for MyFitnessPal members...and after looking at some posts here that most everyone loves them...I'm excited to get this!

- I tend to sweat a lot, even sometimes which just sitting at my desk...will that be a problem?
    - do you get inaccurate readings if you move it around (like, say, you have an itch under it. :D)
    - does it automatically sync to MyFitnessPal as exercise or do you have to input your findings...

I've only had mine a few weeks, but I LOVE IT!! Sweat is good. If you feel sweaty underneath it, just move it to a little different spot. Removing it or adjusting it won't disrupt it much. It actually has a mode to register when you aren't wearing it... like a default burn... as you wear it I think that it becomes more accurate to what you normally burn. This is especially good for the times that you have to take it off to shower, or to charge it. It isn't necessary to wear it while you sleep, but I think it's interesting to see how you are sleeping. Turns out I sleep only 60% of the night...

You have to set it up to link MFP with the Body media app. I PERSONALLY don't chart my exercise anywhere. I enter it into MFP as the minutes, but 1 calorie burned and just try to create a deficit on the Bodymedia app. When you sync it, it adds an adjustment to your MFP, but I delete that. I think how you handle that is a personal preference.

Did that make any sense at all?????
  • ctyler150
    ctyler150 Posts: 47 Member
    Options

I've only had mine a few weeks, but I LOVE IT!! Sweat is good. If you feel sweaty underneath it, just move it to a little different spot. Removing it or adjusting it won't disrupt it much. It actually has a mode to register when you aren't wearing it... like a default burn... as you wear it I think that it becomes more accurate to what you normally burn. This is especially good for the times that you have to take it off to shower, or to charge it. It isn't necessary to wear it while you sleep, but I think it's interesting to see how you are sleeping. Turns out I sleep only 60% of the night...

You have to set it up to link MFP with the Body media app. I PERSONALLY don't chart my exercise anywhere. I enter it into MFP as the minutes, but 1 calorie burned and just try to create a deficit on the Bodymedia app. When you sync it, it adds an adjustment to your MFP, but I delete that. I think how you handle that is a personal preference.

I completely agree^^..I was wondering what other people did with those extra calories mfp adds!! good to know:)
  • jaz050465
    Options
    If you do a search for - eating e ercise calories- you will see a range of answers. In theory, you already have set a deficit and so the extra should be eaten back m
  • jaz050465
    Options
    That's a good review. I'm going to do a comparison over the next couple of days of my HRM, fitbit and BMF to see if its worth renewing my BMF subscription in a few days.
  • stampnstitch
    stampnstitch Posts: 10 Member
    Options

Thanks so much for this info and the tips...especially how you enter it in MFP! I can hardly wait to get mine (Apr 9th can't come soon enough.....) :D