Taco Tuesday!

Options
RingSize8
RingSize8 Posts: 175 Member
I LOVE tacos, and I find they can actually be a pretty healthy way to go if you make them right. What's your favorite taco recipe? Or where do you get your favorite tacos from? My desire to post this came from this new cookbook I purchased call The Food Truck Cookbook. In it there is a recipe for fried avocado tacos which I plan on trying tonight. Just thinking about it makes my eyes roll back in my head - which leads to TMI Tuesday! ...but that's another thread.

Replies

• Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I'm a big taco fan as well.

Everyday is taco day.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    It is one I read on here. chicken breasts in crockpot cook at end add salsa or tomatoe sauce or both, spices, rice, corn and beans stuff in warmed corn tortillas. We are having it tonight. I put tomato sauce, chile powder and oregano in the crock. When I get home I will add rice, take some out for the no bean eater, add beans, take some out for the no tomato eaters and then add salsa. Have reduced fat cheese to sprinkle, should be really yummy.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options

Everyday is taco day.

I knew you were going to go there with this topic.
  • chrst793
    chrst793 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I love fish or shrimp tacos, with cabbage slaw, salsa and an avocado lime dressing and a little low fat shredded cheese. As my husband says....it will make your tongue slap your brains out!
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options

Everyday is taco day.

I got a taco for you
  • RingSize8
    Options

Everyday is taco day.

I knew you were going to go there with this topic.

...not THAT kind of taco. Save that for the TMI Tuesday thread that will inevitably pop up! ;)
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Yum, I miss taco bell... Yea thats right I said it!~ dont judge
  • ncl1313
    ncl1313 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I saute garlic, shallots, and onion in olive oil then add a pound of ground turkey, steak, or chicken breast. I then add salt, red pepper, chili powder, cumin, a dash of cinnamon, and lime juice. If I use chicken, sometimes I'll shred it then throw in a can of Rotels and let it simmer, but usually I just leave it as cubed chicken. I finish with cilantro. I top with a salsa of black beans, corn, garlic, onion, tomato, and avocado. A little sour cream and shredded cheese and NOM! My other favorite is fish tacos...I bread some flounder and fry then top with raw green cabbage marinated with lime and garlic and pickled onions.
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I sometimes replace the taco with a piece of lettuce. This allows me to have another one without any guilt. Try QUARK instead of white fatty sauces like sour cream or soft cheese. Pickles are all low cal as are home made chutneys that are sugar free.
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options

Everyday is taco day.

LMAO. My first thought when I saw this post was...I have a taco!
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 941 Member
    Options
  • RingSize8
    Options

****, I'm not afraid to say it either! I DEF miss Taco Bell. ...and not just for the tacos either. I cried one silent tear when they finally released the Cool Ranch Doritos Taco. Sad, just sad.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    If out, fish tacos. I don't eat those at home. The kids would be upset.

If at home, chicken tacos.
  • mindygeske
    mindygeske Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I just ordered that cookbook! It sounds amazing!
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Tacos!
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options

****, I'm not afraid to say it either! I DEF miss Taco Bell. ...and not just for the tacos either. I cried one silent tear when they finally released the Cool Ranch Doritos Taco. Sad, just sad.

Me TOO!!!!!!! what could be better the marriage of two of the most delish naughty foods! sadness :-( One day I will treat myself....one day.....
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Tacos!

Can you bring some down tonight for me?? I izzz hungry!
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Tacos!

Can you bring some down tonight for me?? I izzz hungry!
    Shut your mouth and get back in my basement!
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    I'm having a taco baked potato tonight!!
  • RingSize8
    Options
    I'm having a taco baked potato tonight!!

What on God's green earth is that?! ...and where can I get one, immediately if not sooner?!