Yikes...help!

Options
I am having a bad day.....I want to eat everything I see!!! I am really craving pizza for dinner and know I shouldn't because I won't be able to stop with one slice.

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Try your best to skip on the pizza, it wont be worth it. Try to find a heathy snack to fill you up in the mean time and stick through it!

You can do it.
  • TruSunshine
    TruSunshine Posts: 178
    Options
    Maybe you should try a Pita Pizza...that usually helps me what I get bit by the pizza bug..
    Toufayan Bakeries - Whole Wheat Pita Bread, 1 Loaf (56g)
    Old World Style Ragu - Traditional, 0.2 cup (3Tbsp)
    Natural Pizza Shredded Two Cheese Blend Cheese, 1/4 cup
    Veggies Galore.....

Yummy! I think I might have one tonight:blushing:
  • Water and carrots work for me!

Hang in there and good luck,

Thank your husband for his service
  • sagithia
    sagithia Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    You will feel worse if you eat it. Do this, go eat something small like a piece of chocolat and think about how it takes 3500 calories burned to lose 1lb of fat. That is deterrant enough!
  • Stewie316
    Stewie316 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Now you have me craving a pizza pita. That sounds like a great ideal for when I'm craving pizza.

When I'm craving something bad for me like a chocolate cupcake for example, I can't just have carrots or a apple to stop the craving. Instead, I have to find something that has a chocolate flavor but is better for me, like a cup of hot cocoa or some dark chocolate.
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    When I crave something really bad, instead of saying I can't have it, I just make plans to have it in three days. If I really wanted pizza today I would just make plans to have pizza for dinner on Friday. This way I am not telling myself I can't have it, I am just saying I can't have it today. By the time Friday rolls around, most of the time, I have changed my mind. Maybe I lost weight that week, or exercised well and was feeling like a good healthy dinner. something usually changes my mind by then.

If I go all week and crave pizza and still want it on Friday, I go ahead and have some pizza. Especially if I have had a good week. But I always compromise and try to do veggies and not double pepperoni like I am usually craving! :)

Stay strong!
  • rero
    rero Posts: 24
    Options
    I'm pretty sure you can make your own pizza which would be cheaper, healthier and you'd burn more calories making it and appreciate more than if you just ordered from your couch or threw something in the microwave.

make mini pizzas with wheat tortillas/pita bread, baked/teriyaki chicken slices, low fat low salt tomato sauce. then sprinkle on favorite veggies and maybe flaxseed if you have any. and BAM yummy, healthier pizza.

this is better than depriving because if you hold off too much then you may crack and go crazy on fast/junk food
  • tesha30
    tesha30 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You know thats not a bad idea! the one thing that sucks about dieting basically is not getting the foods your so used to eating. But telling yourself.. another day... that doesnt seem so bad! I like that idea! Thanks for sharing that!!
  • tesha30
    tesha30 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Just keep going.. dont back track.. stay on course! You can fight the urges to have unhealthy foods! Do what everyoen else said, compromise with your self and make a more healthier pizza to enjoy! Healthier foods does not equal disgusting foods! Its a hard thing to change.. believe me. When my family gets some yummy dessert and I have only a few calories to eat for the day... I have to tell myself its not worth it and I have had plenty in my lifetime.. so I am not missing out =)

if you feel like your having a bad day.. just get on here and talk to all of us! we are all here to help each other!!!
  • karlowe
    karlowe Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    HUGE salad and a piece of pizza! no worries!
  • colgatesmile
    colgatesmile Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Never stress eat because you will only eat more than what you really need. Take a few moments and clear you mind to help relieve some of the stress. Usually moving a lot or exercise will calm you down enough so that you start to feel better. Before dinner tonight if you can take a long walk. If pizza is still the only thing that will calm your taste buds make it from scratch and with loads of veggies. After dinner soak in the tub and wash away todays stress. Then get a good nights sleep because tomorrow is another day!
  • Bethany28
    Bethany28 Posts: 263
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I didn't give into the pizza craving. I took a nap with my little ones then had a little snack then ran 3 miles and forgot about the pizza!
  • brwneyes71
    brwneyes71 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Try making your own pizza using ( contadina pizza sauce which is 30 calories) ( oscar mayer pepperoni's for snacking only use 14 which is 130 calories) (sargento shredded part-skim mozzerella cheese which is 80 calories) ( mama mary's 7" pizza crust which is 170 calories) grand total of 410 calories for a personal pan pizza. I make these at least once a month.
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Add what Brwneyes said to an Ole high fiber/low carb tortilla that you crisp up a bit in a pan with pam and you save 100 calories and gain a bunch of fiber and protein and lose only a little bit of taste, if any.
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    When I crave something really bad, instead of saying I can't have it, I just make plans to have it in three days. If I really wanted pizza today I would just make plans to have pizza for dinner on Friday. This way I am not telling myself I can't have it, I am just saying I can't have it today. By the time Friday rolls around, most of the time, I have changed my mind. Maybe I lost weight that week, or exercised well and was feeling like a good healthy dinner. something usually changes my mind by then.

If I go all week and crave pizza and still want it on Friday, I go ahead and have some pizza. Especially if I have had a good week. But I always compromise and try to do veggies and not double pepperoni like I am usually craving! :)

Stay strong!

That's a really good idea.
  • sunshineshardz
    Options

Stay strong!

FANTASTIC idea!!! ANd def stay strong! It will pay off in the end. Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels! ;)