Day 1 of INSANITY starts today, im nervous :/

Options
Man, I did the fit test yesterday and that alone kicked my *kitten*. Im worried about my first actual DVD tonight... HAHA hope i get through it!

Replies

• Figs318
    Figs318 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Man, I did the fit test yesterday and that alone kicked my *kitten*. Im worried about my first actual DVD tonight... HAHA hope i get through it!

Meant to say day 2 DISC 1..
  • MzRealMaFigz
    Options
    you will. we're 'in this together' remember?

:-/
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Dig deeper ;-)
  • Figs318
    Figs318 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    you will. we're 'in this together' remember?

:-/

Yup definately are in this together!!!
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Just be prepared to be sore. I was surprised at how sore I was during the first week as I felt that I was laready in pretty decent shape when doing it. I just started week 3 today, and am no where near as sore as I was in the beginning.
  • ryans5050
    ryans5050 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday too, did my fitness test. So looking forward the first real day tonight. I had started week one about a month ago and made it four days in before I had to stop, my schedule just got too rough and it was causing some marital issues with me working out, but that's all resolved now so I'm geared up and ready to go.

I've been active tracking via MFP for a while now, staying under my daily limit pretty good, so i'm excited to see how combining that with Insanity will help.

Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • bogden78
    bogden78 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I am only on week 2 and I am feeling soreness that I never had with any of my JM dvd's. I can't keep up with them but keep pushing myself. Gettign stronger every day!
  • the1captain
    the1captain Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I am only on week 2 and I am feeling soreness that I never had with any of my JM dvd's. I can't keep up with them but keep pushing myself. Gettign stronger every day!

Last monday I did the 60 min max interval training. Thought it was going to kill me. Did the same routine a week later and I can already notice a huge difference in my cardio and strength. Dig deeper people!
  • tmuellenberg
    tmuellenberg Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Insanity is definitely some serious business, but if you can get through this first week I think you can get through the whole thing! You'll notice the people in teh videos take breaks too, so don't feel bad if you have to take a short break here or there.

Good luck!

Tom
  • saragregg
    saragregg Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    TAKE IT SLOW! Only advice I can give you. I really took my time in the first week. If you push yourself too hard and too fast; it's more likely you will give up. remember: slow and steady wins the race.
    I promise you, that if you just give a little more each day; you will succeed. This is not to say you should stand there and just watch the video LOL but honestly don't try and keep up. Do what you can in the allloted time. You will notice a huge change in the four weeks if you stick to it.
    If i'm dripping sweat, i know to kinda lay off a bit; and if i'm gasping for air...I just take a break.
    If i'm winicng in pain; I take a break.
    After your break...GET BACK INTO IT.
    Don't pause the video. Just do the best you can and keep pressing play.
    I've done the first four weeks. No i can't always keep up with the people on the video, but for about 80% of the time; i'm right there with them doing what they can do. In the begining: not at all. I was slow and learning the moves.
    Good luck and feel free to add me.
  • ryans5050
    ryans5050 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    TAKE IT SLOW! Only advice I can give you. I really took my time in the first week. If you push yourself too hard and too fast; it's more likely you will give up. remember: slow and steady wins the race.
    I promise you, that if you just give a little more each day; you will succeed. This is not to say you should stand there and just watch the video LOL but honestly don't try and keep up. Do what you can in the allloted time. You will notice a huge change in the four weeks if you stick to it.
    If i'm dripping sweat, i know to kinda lay off a bit; and if i'm gasping for air...I just take a break.
    If i'm winicng in pain; I take a break.
    After your break...GET BACK INTO IT.
    Don't pause the video. Just do the best you can and keep pressing play.
    I've done the first four weeks. No i can't always keep up with the people on the video, but for about 80% of the time; i'm right there with them doing what they can do. In the begining: not at all. I was slow and learning the moves.
    Good luck and feel free to add me.

Thank you for this.. last night even on the first "real" day doing the plyometric cardio I was dying. The first part was first, but after the break and the stretching, when it moved into the floor stuff, doing the Level I drills.. ugh.. I'm just glad no one else was home at the time - lol. But I felt SO good finishing up that last round with uppercuts and attacks and heading into the ending stretches.. Yes I skipped half a round on Level I drills twice, but there was just no way I could do those - YET..
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    Day 3 was little easier.. definitely take breaks. I have to take longer than 30 sec to get my heart rate down some..