My food day =]

Options
imagymrat
imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
I get alot of interest from my friends in what i'm eating every day. My food diary is private, and I don't plan on changing that. I don't know why it makes me uncomfortable to have people reading and commenting on what i'm eating..it just does :tongue: :wink:
I will however post what i've eaten today..for those that are interested,

My breakfast: Steel cut oats with 1/2 cup strawberries 4 chopped walnuts and some cinnamon. 3 scrambled egg whites with half a red pepper and a cube of laughing cow cheese.....total 455 calories

snack 1: cottage cheese and blueberry/raspberry mix a drizzle of honey on top.......177 calories

Lunch: Cajun swiss tuna melt: canned tuna chopped celery and carrots, 1 tbablespoon greek yogurt, red wine vinegar, and cajun spices. Tomato slice, lettuce on toasted rye bread. I had a side of steamed broccoli.........395 calories

snack 2: 3 crackers with peanut butter, with 6 ounces skim milk ( i did add a little sugar free choc syrup..shhh).....185 calories

dinner: baked chicken breast with steamed green beans with slivered almonds and a tomato grilled with a little provolone cheese and basil...................405 calories

snack 3: 3 hard boiled egg whites mixed with a little fat free mayo with some green onion wrapped in a lettuce leaf...140 calories

My total 1580 calories..I also had 6 glasses of water today, as well as a glass of crystal light raspberry ice, a diet coke and i'm now having a cup of green tea before bed. I don't eat back my exercise calories, in fact I ignore that all together, this works for me and for my body...do what works for yours! on really heavy cardio days I eat more, usually by ways of protein shakes, but not always, sometimes it's added nuts, bowl of quinoa, some cooked turkey breast..whatever protein source I got around.

I did 1 hour of cardio interval training today as well as chest and legs..for a total of 2.5 hours..this is a low day in the gym for me, so my diet reflects that.

Replies

• Dive_Girl
    Dive_Girl Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    bump....LOVE THE TUNA MELT!!!! YUM!
  • DJDUFFY
    DJDUFFY Posts: 98
    Options
    I think your eating all the right things so i don't see a problem in your food dairy.Except for the chocolate,just kidding.Every women loves chocolate but i heard dark chocolate is better for you.You are doing great.
  • cdwinters
    cdwinters Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are a very busy person...how do you find the time to get to the gym for 2.5 hours or more a day?
  • hjsyndrome
    hjsyndrome Posts: 215
    Options
    I would love to be able to eat like this, but i dont like 3/4 of the stuff you mentioned here. I tried following the P90X diet plan, but most of the food was gross to me. So i try portion control on whatever i want to eat (on most days). I lost 20 lbs by doing that, but i dont have the flat 6 pack abs. I am thinking to much fat in my diet. I dont like, blueberry, strawberry, tomatos, green onions, etc that you have noted. Any suggestions?
  • imagymrat
    Options
    Some answers guys...I work out between 2.5-4 hours a day, I can do this because I teach classes, from zumba to step to power lifting..and everything in between! I also deliver mail my route is a walkign route, so I get way more then my fair share of exercise in, so I do have an advantage over others in that aspect. BUT you don't need to put in my kind of hours to see my kind of results, that I can tell you...give me an hour to 1.5 hours of your time 4 days a week, and I can transform just about anyone, provided you don't cheat on me with poor food choices!!

As far as not liking the healthy choices, there has to be something that you do like! If you're not big on fruit, raw that is, try to sautee your berries in a pot with a little honey and spooning them over yogurt or cottage cheese, or if you prefer the citrus route, then replace the berries with oranges, grapefruit, melons. As far as the veggies go, conceal them in soups, sauces, casseroles, finely cooked and diced onion, has a whole different flavour from raw...sometimes just cooking the food differently and trying it in different manners wil help you to eventually like it. But then again, i've tried olives and hummus...a million different ways and I still hate both! so you really have to experiemnt and find out what you can tolerate and what means you can add healthier food so that you don't really notice it as much.
  • lilmissy2
    lilmissy2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I think your eating all the right things so i don't see a problem in your food dairy.Except for the chocolate,just kidding.Every women loves chocolate but i heard dark chocolate is better for you.You are doing great.

hahaha it depends what you mean 'better for you'... some people say it has more antioxidants and therefore is better. I personally think it's only better for me in the sense that it tastes like rubbish so I don't want to eat it :laugh: :laugh:

Gymrat, when I used to do a lot of intense gym... more hours than you do now (before I got injured from doing too much :blushing: ) I also didn't seem to need any extra calories. I maintained my weight (I was already at my ideal) eating about 1400cal/day. Strange how our bodies can be so different from one another huh?
  • imagymrat
    Options

hahaha it depends what you mean 'better for you'... some people say it has more antioxidants and therefore is better. I personally think it's only better for me in the sense that it tastes like rubbish so I don't want to eat it :laugh: :laugh:

Gymrat, when I used to do a lot of intense gym... more hours than you do now (before I got injured from doing too much :blushing: ) I also didn't seem to need any extra calories. I maintained my weight (I was already at my ideal) eating about 1400cal/day. Strange how our bodies can be so different from one another huh?

funny thing on your comment, when I increase my caloric intake I lose weight..but it's amazing how different we all are! And with the choclate thing, If i'm gonna stick a piece of chocolate in my mouth and eat it, it's gonna be something I like, like a kitkat or aero bar...the dark chocolate does nothing for me!!!