5'10 AND UP GIRLS!

Options
Hey there!

I'm trying to find what a reasonable weight is for me. I'm 5'11 weighing 175, my goal weight for now is 155 but maybe even a little less? Guess I'll have to wait and see.

ALSO what jean size are you ladies?!

Thanks (:

Replies

• maiaroman18
    maiaroman18 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm only 5'9", but when I was at my skinniest I was 167. I was wearing a 10 and sometimes a 12, depending on the store/style. But my hips and thighs are a size larger in relation to my upper body. I have a larger frame, so I looked good at that weight. I still had a little bit of fat on my lower belly and thighs.
  • kelmcfar
    kelmcfar Posts: 63
    Options
    Yeah, I am about a size 10 right now in jeans. My original goal was 165, but I wasn't sure if that was where I still wanted to be, but thanks!!
  • determined136
    Options
    I am 5'10" and at my thinnest I was at 145 and a size 2. I was too thin. I have been working with a dietitian and my goal weight is 175. That will put me at a size 8.
  • lindleywest
    Options
    I was hoping someone would make this post! I'm 5'10" and when I lost a good amount of weight the first time I went from 186 to about 154. I was really happy at that weight, but then I was planning a wedding and then got married and ate everything my husband ate (we never lived together so this whole eating with your significant other every day was new to me) and I am one of those failure stories of where I gained all the weight back :-( I'm back here to lose those 40 pounds I gained and maybe even hit the 140's. I am starting this journey again and after this time I will never let myself get back to where I was.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    5'11, 150 and a size 6. Got down to 143 last summer but I was too thin. Trying to maintain right here - started at 190.
  • keya729
    keya729 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and because I have a big frame my ideal weight is 190lb. I have gotten down to 175 when I was in high school and I didn't look healthy at all. So for my personal preference 190 is my goal weight.
  • deathbypretzel
    Options
    5'11", currently 245 lbs. My first real goal weight is 180, but once I get there I may decide I want to go lower - I'm not sure!

-edit-
    size 18
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and my goal weight is 190. I might end up going down to 175, I don't know, I've never been a healthy weight my entire adult life.
  • quilasoul
    quilasoul Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and currently 190. My goal weight is 175-180. I wear a size 12 pants.
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I think it is best to work backwards to come up with your goal weight..... Get your bf% done, figure out what range body fat is ok with you.. do some math, and bingo... you have your weight.

Everyone has different lean muscle mass and therefore could weigh something completely different and yet be the same size.
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 10" and my goal that the doctor and I came up with was 176. I'm at 182 right now and wearing a size 12. My original goal was a size 14. When I weighed 180 before, I was wearing 14 so I figured that would be good. I was very pleased when I started wearing a 12. I'm 51, probably a lot older than most of y'all but that sure seems thin to me! What does your doctor recommend? He can take into account your build.
  • ajh1014
    ajh1014 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'0. Check out Totally Tall Women of MFP in the Community tab. There is a group just for us!! At one point YEARS ago, I was down to 155 and just couldn't hold it there. It was too skinny for me. I have the big "dutch girl" frame and put weight on pretty much all over. I do tend to have heavier legs though. Right now, I think 180 would be good for me.
  • FireEngineRedHead
    FireEngineRedHead Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    5'11"
    10 dress size
    12 jean size
    181 lbs
    GW 140
  • fitgirlandfoodie
    fitgirlandfoodie Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Hey :-) So I'm 5'11 and currently 142. started off at 168-70. Ideally Aiming for 138-140. I don't look particularly skinny as I've hips big enough for 2 people but I really want to work on becoming leaner and build more muscle. Right now I'm a UK size 10 in jeans (US size 8? ) but again I'm smaller on top due to the gigantic hips :-)
  • kelmcfar
    kelmcfar Posts: 63
    Options
    I have a pretty athletic build. My younger sister she's 5'10, athletic, and is a size 5 I believe. We look a lot a like so I was thinking her and I would be the same?
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    5'10" and right now about 168. Trying to get back down to the 140's, but would even be happy in the 150's. Currently a size 10. Want to get back down to single digits, size 8. Would love size 6, but then it is so hard to find pants that fit in the length! Started MFP around 176 but have been as high as 198 (and was completely miserable!).
  • freenewme
    freenewme Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    5'11" 170lbs size 10/12 depending on brand. lowest 150lbs size 8. considering i started at 400lbs and now i have a lot of extra skin and i also have a large frame, my body wont go below 165lbs unless i resort back to unhealthy ways.
  • quilasoul
    quilasoul Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    that is awesome! I have to check it out :)
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and my goal is around 170ish, maybe even as low as 165 (will decide once I get there). Currently at 190 so have about 20lbs left to go. I'm in a snug size 10 now (curvy fit) so think I'll end up about an 8. I'm kind of an hourglass/pear shape (41,32,42). My lowest weight was 145 (measurements were 37,24,40 so more pear shaped then) and my doctor wanted me to put on 20lbs so 165-170 is where he thinks I should be for my body type.
  • missymere
    missymere Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 ft and 3/4 of an inch. CW 170 lbs and I'm wearing size 10 or 12 jeans. My lowest weight recorded was 129 lbs but I was way too thin and wore a size 2-4. Current goal weight 145 lbs and for me that means size 6. I have huge hips and broad shoulders no matter how much I weigh, so weighing significantly less is the only way for me to look and feel good. Everybody is different.