5'10 AND UP GIRLS!

Options

Replies

• kelmcfar
    kelmcfar Posts: 63
    Options
    This is all really great guys!! Thanks!!
  • tiffanyarowell
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and currently 146. The waist of most of my pants is a 28-29 and I'd say on average a size 6. I was up to 155+ a couple months ago and did not feel comfortable at that weight. While I've only lost 8 pounds I'm noticing a huge difference in how my clothes fit. My fat pants before now are too big and my skinny pants fit just right. I've been doing weight training along with cardio and I can definitely see how my body is changing and getting a lot more toned. Ideally I'd like to stay in the low-mid 140s.
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies ;)
  • FireEngineRedHead
    FireEngineRedHead Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies ;)

You ruin everything. =P
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10. My goal was to attain 160 lbs and reassess. I wasn't sure what weight was right for me.
    At 159, I fit into a size 10 jean (loosely but not droopy) and I'm happy with how I look so I won't try to lose more weight. I may even put a pound or two back on but will wait to see how I maintain for awhile before trying to gain any weight.
  • drchimpanzee
    Options
    Hello ladies ;)

You ruin everything. =P

How? LOL
  • FireEngineRedHead
    FireEngineRedHead Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies ;)

You ruin everything. =P

How? LOL

You come creeping on all the tall girls lol
  • drchimpanzee
    Options
    Hello ladies ;)

You ruin everything. =P

How? LOL

You come creeping on all the tall girls lol

OK well there is that ;)
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    I'm 6' and currently weigh 202 lbs. Aiming for around 180 lb, give or take. Right now I'm trying to focus on replacing fat with muscle. We shall see where that takes me.

I wear a size 12/14 jeans. It would be just 12, but my thighs and butt think otherwise. ; )
  • Shopkins1978
    Shopkins1978 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and because I have a big frame my ideal weight is 190lb. I have gotten down to 175 when I was in high school and I didn't look healthy at all. So for my personal preference 190 is my goal weight.

I agree! It all depends on your body type and bone structure. I am 5'10" and currently 195 (after losing 22lbs!). My doctor said my goal should be between 180-190. I honestly don't think I could ever get smaller than that. Also, I don't lose clothing sizes very easily. Even after losing this weight I just went from an 18 to a 16. I would consider it a miracle if I ever fit into size 14 jeans!
  • darls25
    darls25 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad someone finally posted for taller girls!! I'm 5'11 and since I have never had a low weight I am constantly wondering what a good ideal weight might be. My doctor told me 140-150. I am quit interested in seeing what pant size I wear at a weight like that considering I wore a comfortable size 18 at 290.
  • MMAQueen
    MMAQueen Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'10 currently 155 depending on the jeans/style i wear a 9/10 or 30/32" waist.

at my lowest in my adult healthy life i was around 145, still a size 9/10 and 30" waist. I had about 17 or 18% body fat at that point.

my goal is to get back down to 142-145 with about 17% body fat. I don't think my clothe size will really change between now and then.
  • msuspartan10
    msuspartan10 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10". I weigh 165 and am shooting for 150. I was happiest at 140 but that was in high school when I had a metabolism and played sports year round. I wear a 10 or 12 in jeans.
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'. Currently weight 164, size 8 dress, 10 jeans, 10 dress pant, Medium shirt or whatever else comes in that sizing.
  • newshannon2012
    Options
    Hi Ladies.. I'm new to the forums and am 5'10" and currently around 245 pounds. :(
    I had worked really hard from a strating weight of 225 about 7-8 yrs ago and got down to 180 but the weight crept back on and then because of my IUD and a slew of side effects for 2 years I gained tons of weight (including 30 pounds in 3 months) and had a lot of joint/muscle pain that even made walking difficult! It was hell! Finally pinpoited the problem and had my IUD removed Sep 2012 and have been on the long road to recovery! I immediately felt a difference in my stride/walk and have been getting stronger and kicking butt at the gym ever since! However, I am still struggling with the weight. I am a huge sugar/carboholic but my metabolism cannot support the appetite of a longshoreman anymore (especially since I'm going to be 40 this year)! One of the reasons I love to talk to other tall women is because we tend to face much higher numbers on the scale vs. our more petite friends and another pet peeve of mine is that a larger women who is 5'5" or less can be carrying the same weight I am and probably still find something to wear at your traditional clothing store while us tall ladies end up in the plus sizes and it is tough! Plus I think there is some weird belief that every women who is "plus size" must have ginormous breasts! UGH! So I am very excitedto start this journey with all of you! My primary goal is to to LOG LOG LOG everything for the month! I usually work out everyday. WE have a gym on site so I go over lunch and do fitness classes or tackle the elliptical on my own. I would like to start running again (ok not really but it does help you lose weight fast) but my current weight makes it really hard. But I'm gettign better. My son (who is 16) and I going to start training for this 5K obstacle race this summer (www.runforyourlives.com) so that will give me something else to focus on and agood excuse to enjoy the spring weather!
    Shannon
    Goal weight = somewhere around 160!
  • walkee
    walkee Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    5'10 and CW 154....thinking goal weight to be 150...pant size are 6 thru10 depending on the style or designer
  • CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 10", started at 221 (and 51 years old), and got down to where I was maintaining really well at a range between 146-148. I liked it there. I recently had a few modifications to my hormonal system ;) and within a month put on about 6-7 pounds. I am now sitting at between 153-154, and while even THAT weight is probably lower than I had ever been previous to this loss, it's driving me crazy because I simply can not lose even one of those pounds. Been shaking up my system--jogging, walking more, trying to eat super-clean/natural, and nothing seems to work. I was really happy and felt great at about 146. Would like to get to a solid 145 so I have a pound or two of "leeway" for those vacation or travel pounds that happen every so often.
  • JackLilly12
    Options
    I'm 5'10, weigh 145, and wear a size 4 or 6 sometimes. I am shooting to weigh 138 pounds by the end of May.
  • Runningnorth
    Runningnorth Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I am currently 159 and 5'11", I was 135 when I ran a lot and trained all the time then I had kids and I don't run nearly as much as before. I am want to be around 145, I look a bit fluffy right now, not lean and tight with my muscles so that is what I am working on. Right now I look fine, I just want to work on the core that I lost with my kids. Good luck. I think when you find a weight that is easy to maintain you have found what is right for you.
  • gcorbie
    gcorbie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"10 and size 10 looks thin on me. I'm currently 181 and got down to 168 with weighwatchers 2 years ago- hard to maintain tho- was running almost daily and my family said I looked "gaunt" my goal is now around 173- those 5lbs helps with the face/neck/shoulders not looking too thin- I carry most of it behind me! also doing more weight lifting- feels like I need to now as I am getting older

PS so glad to have a place where tall women can post and to hear realistic ## and goal weights- thanks