PROTIEN!!

Options
EmmyRose
EmmyRose Posts: 54 Member
Hi Guyss,

I need to up my protien DESPERATELY!
It's in dire need of some up lifting, I just have NO idea how to do it!

I get it, eat meat.. BUT, when I'm always rushing in the morning to get to work I don't have time to pack a complex salad or lunch.
What is the best/easiest thing I can either buy or make or evern make the night before that will give me lots of protiens?
I'm female, and 19 years old, so something to suit me, whatever that is, would be great.

Any suggestions would be excellent :)

Thank you!

Replies

• bree5291
    bree5291 Posts: 50
    Options
    Make some chicken breast the night before. In the morning, add it to a quick omelette or scrambled eggs. Or try deli turkey with whole grain bread, or in your eggs as well. Also, low fat string cheese or hard-boiled eggs are quick and easy.
  • krockwell
    krockwell Posts: 34
    Options
    I buy packs of chicken breasts from the grocery store, and either bake then in a frying pan with a little bit of olive oil and some thai (epicure) seasoning, and then slice them and put them in the fridge for salads, or meals! :)

It's a great way to have something fast and easy and awesome good in the fridge for protein! :)
    Also, try eggs... boiling some eggs so that they're ready on hand is a great way to add some protein as well (and if you're worried about the cals from eggs, don't eat the yolk).

There are a ton of different ways you can up your protein with cereals etc as well, just give a look online for protein rich foods.

Best of luck!
  • Punktorian
    Punktorian Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I usually throw some chicken strips in a salad or make tuna ahead of time and throw that on some whole wheat bread. Then there is the non food answer of protein powder.
  • Shy1979
    Shy1979 Posts: 75
    Options
    Some protein shakes would be good too. There are so many different kind out there, you just have to read the labels and see which one sounds the best to you, and also which flavor you like.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    hard-boiled eggs. those cheeses that have the plastic casing around them. i forget what they're called, but they're kind of pocket sized. yogurt cups, too, if possible.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    hard-boiled eggs. those cheeses that have the plastic casing around them. i forget what they're called, but they're kind of pocket sized. yogurt cups, too, if possible.
  • krockwell
    krockwell Posts: 34
    Options
    Baby Bels I think you're talking of? :)
  • swissdutchess
    Options
    I usually make a protein shake from Trader Joes chocolate protein whey powder. I put it in a blender w/ 1/2 cup of skim milk, 1/2 cup of fat free cottage cheese, and a banana or a cup of blueberries to sweeten it. Its pretty good. You can also mix it in w/ cereal, or if you are baking something.

There are also the protein bars, but I try to find the ones that have low sugar.
  • Rhaeven
    Rhaeven Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm with one of the posters from above...I cook an entire bag of frozen chicken breasts in the oven all at once, slice them up and pop them into a container for a quick grab protein. Usually an entire bag will last me most the week. I will often season half the bad differently so I can have some flavor variation through out the week. My favorite grab and go snack is some chicken and an apple. If flavored well, I actually enjoy eating the chicken cold. :)

good luck
  • EmmyRose
    EmmyRose Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :)

I really appreciate your replies and help on all this!
    I was soo lost, but now have some excellent ideas!
    I think I'll print this post off and take it shopping with me next time and buy all my protien things!
    Yay

Thank you again :)
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I am also a protein girl. I love yogurt and most fat free is great on protein. I also do Hungry Girl Egg-Mugs in the Microwave - Yummy ! You can use Egg Beaters as recipes indicate but I sometimes use one real egg. Click on http://www.hungry-girl.com/
    and search for egg mug. Also - chicken and tuna is easy to pack for lunch. Even the canned chicken (Costco and other stores sells all white meat chicken breast in a can) and wrap in a whole wheat or low carb tortilla with some salsa for lunch. Good luck!
  • lucifa73
    lucifa73 Posts: 110
    Options
    Pulses are a great source too - beans, lentils etc. Cook a batch up at the weekend then add them to salads, soup, pasta sauce etc