Quick Diet Tip

Options
icandoit
icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
Quick Diet Tip
Like Low-fat or Non-Fat Yogurt But Get Hungry 30 Minutes Later?
We all know that yogurt makes a great diet snack or meal but if you are like me, you will often feel hungry a short while later and want to snack again.

To stay full longer after eating yogurt here is my favorite, all time diet tip.

In the home canning jelly section of your grocery store you will see products that you add to your non-cooking jelly's and jams to help set the jelly.

These are made with pectin (fiber from apples)and come in 3 varieties. One made with lots of sugar and one made with low sugar and one made with sugar substitutes.

Choose either the low sugar or sugar free variety ( I use the Sure Jell sugar free brand but your store may have other brands including store brands).

You then add 1-2 teaspoons to your yogurt and stir.
It only takes about 20 seconds to mix it in.

These products do not add any flavoring to your yogurt but the pectin in the product will help you stay full longer than regular yogurt.

It's as though you were eating an apple along with your yogurt and you will be surprised how much fuller you feel and if you chose the sugar free type, you are only adding 3-5 extra calories to your
daily intake.

Since these products do set jams and jelly you should eat your yogurt within 30 minutes of adding the pectin otherwise your yogurt will set up like a jelly.

This will also work with smoothies!

Replies

• icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Quick Diet Tip
    Like Low-fat or Non-Fat Yogurt But Get Hungry 30 Minutes Later?
    We all know that yogurt makes a great diet snack or meal but if you are like me, you will often feel hungry a short while later and want to snack again.

To stay full longer after eating yogurt here is my favorite, all time diet tip.

In the home canning jelly section of your grocery store you will see products that you add to your non-cooking jelly's and jams to help set the jelly.

These are made with pectin (fiber from apples)and come in 3 varieties. One made with lots of sugar and one made with low sugar and one made with sugar substitutes.

Choose either the low sugar or sugar free variety ( I use the Sure Jell sugar free brand but your store may have other brands including store brands).

You then add 1-2 teaspoons to your yogurt and stir.
    It only takes about 20 seconds to mix it in.

These products do not add any flavoring to your yogurt but the pectin in the product will help you stay full longer than regular yogurt.

It's as though you were eating an apple along with your yogurt and you will be surprised how much fuller you feel and if you chose the sugar free type, you are only adding 3-5 extra calories to your
    daily intake.

Since these products do set jams and jelly you should eat your yogurt within 30 minutes of adding the pectin otherwise your yogurt will set up like a jelly.

This will also work with smoothies!
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Nice tip, but if I let it set then I get pudding!:laugh::laugh: :laugh: :laugh: