cold water after workout good or bad?

Options
After I work out I drink a water bottle out of the fridge because I feel I like the taste better than room temperature but I want to know if it's bad to drink cold water. What do you think?

Replies

• DrBroPHD
    DrBroPHD Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    is it cold outside?
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    crBjNaD.jpg
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    crBjNaD.jpg

Heh
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    wut? Take it out of the fridge first.
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    crBjNaD.jpg

:laugh: :sad:
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    it's water. let's not overcomplicate how to drink it. i just figured out what to log as water yesterday and i'm not prepared for any more fancy learnins
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I thought this was going to be a discussion about cold therapy/cold water submersion (which I believe is potentially good)...but instead, it's about whether or not it's good to drink some cold water after a workout.

*sigh*

OP: Yes, drinking water, whether cold, cool, or even room temperature is mostly good. Enjoy.

:indifferent:
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    After I work out I drink a water bottle out of the fridge because I feel I like the taste better than room temperature but I want to know if it's bad to drink cold water. What do you think?
    If you are also stabbing yourself in the eye with a pencil while drinking it, then yes, it's bad to drink cold water. Otherwise, it's OK.

I like cold water too. Refrigerated > iced, IMO. (taste-wise! Nutritionally, it doesn't matter)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    this is very bad..if you drink cold water you will immediately go into starvation mode...Please stop doing this!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I would say that is better to drink it cold than not drink it at all.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    it honestly depends.

I've drank really cold water after a hard workout when I was super heated and sweaty and immediately got stomach cramps and had to run to the bathroom.
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I personally like to drink my water at room temperature. If you prefer it cold, then drink it cold. Your body likes it when you drink water, cold or not...
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I thought this was going to be a discussion about cold therapy/cold water submersion (which I believe is potentially good)...but instead, it's about whether or not it's good to drink some cold water after a workout.

*sigh*

OP: Yes, drinking water, whether cold, cool, or even room temperature is mostly good. Enjoy.

:indifferent:

mostly
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Also, something something something something something calories something body heat water something.
  • lali_lemon
    lali_lemon Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    haha thanks peeps :glasses:
  • MiamiKid305
    MiamiKid305 Posts: 357
    Options
    really??????????? just drink it YOU IDIOT *arnold voice*
  • MiamiKid305
    MiamiKid305 Posts: 357
    Options
    if you rink cold water after exercise you will get fat and die
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    if you rink cold water after exercise you will get fat and die

rink? like from a hockey rink? that would be pretty cold...